Gas safety locker, vents and connection

boxelder

T6 Guru
Installing kitchen pod with double burner, running from a 907 bottle. I know lockers etc aren't vital and I could just connect it with flex pipe, but I quite like the kids, and my wife and don't want to gas them. I'm sure this has been covered, but my search skills failed to drag it up, so I'll try to be brief.
Kitchen unit behind drivers seat, with gas bottle at the rear, behind rear off side wheel arch. I'll put the bottle in a sealed locker, secured with straps, with drop vent through the van floor. The regulator will be in the locker with a length of flexible pipe/pigtail. 8mm copper pipe along from the locker directly connected to the stove, with another vent through the floor in the kitchen unit (Plan to run the sink drain through that too, collecting it in a basin where necessary). Pipe secured out of harms way as much as possible with clips.

Does that sound about right? I know some will think it's going overboard and others will say it's a bare minimum.
Any reccs for value gas lockers etc? I hadn't really budgeted all of this in, but a 130cm RIB and slimline units means the gas needs to go under the bed or behind the rear arch.
TIA

Last edited:
That sounds pretty much it. Make sure the copper piping is securely fixed along its' length.

Hi, I DIY'd a bench alongside the bed, with plywood 'locker' at the rear. It's top entry, with clip down lid. Fairly well sealed, with vent through the floor. Copper pipe running through the bench to the stove. There's room under the bench for water tank and some storage. I'll try to add pics later.

OK, please excuse the mess and dodgy DIY skills, but hopefully these will show the basics20230305_111249.jpg20230305_111207.jpg20230305_111108.jpg20230305_111047.jpg

thanks, that does the job and your diy skills are better than mine. My kitchen is the full length of the van, it's a standard evo design slim so at least I wouldn't have to make a bench. I'm just trying to figure out if it's best at the back like yours of maybe even under the rib bed.

Back