Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Not today but yesterday, we did the 155 mile round trip up to see Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock to get the suspension changed. Koni Sports Shocks, Evo Technik Springs and H&R Anti Roll Bars front and rear took a couple of hours to fit and have transformed both the ride and drive of the van. The rear end sag caused by the camper conversion has also been sorted out so it looks nicer as well. Even my wife was impressed on the drive home. A big thanks to Steve who I would recommend very highly to anybody looking for a similar update - he knows his stuff and is a nice bloke into the bargain.
Suspension Before.jpg
Suspension After.jpg

Commencing our trip home. Last night was at Camping Blanes near Girona. Fairly busy site with mainly dutch and German folk in their caravans or motorhomes. The site was literally across a walkway to the prom/beach. Still nice and warm in the bottom 20's.

51613943227_c771cafac0_c.jpgCamping Blanes 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

51614998138_fb03d8b476_c.jpgCamping Blanes by Nigel G, on Flickr

And through the gate directly to here

51615642070_729ffef924_c.jpgBlanes Beach by Nigel G, on Flickr

Today we drove into The Massif Central. Stopping the night at Camping Huttopia in Royat. A really nice site, but very few here. It is bloody freezing. First time since 1st October I have had to put jeans and a jumper on.

We got pulled in by the police at the first toll booth on the motorway as we entered France at a check point. Wanted to see my insurance, driving licence and my car papers. I gave him my V5. As you will no doubt be aware it says in big letters that it is not proof of ownership. That was fun trying to explain that I was the owner and that is how it is done in the UK and we don't have another sheet.
They were nice enough about it though.

Off to Dijon tomorrow.

51614775851_2ce9dc295a_c.jpgCamping Huttopia 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

51614774721_d03142e993_c.jpgCamping Huttopia by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited:
@MrSkip
I’ve got serious awning envy for your home crafted creation, looks super smart.
Would you be willing to share how you did it / top tips?

@MrSkip
I’ve got serious awning envy for your home crafted creation, looks super smart.
Would you be willing to share how you did it / top tips?
Thank you for the compliments, I have been planning to do a brief thread on how to do it when time permits, keep your eyes peeled on here

Back