Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Cheers brother,

Quick update..... 3rd party has accepted full liability and I've been to vw bodyshop to get an estimate, the insurer has also arranged a courtesy van for me.

I've just got to send the claim number to the bodyshop and they'll send the estimate direct to the insurance.

Looking at the damage in the daylight it doesn't seem too bad.......:eek:

View attachment 134928

View attachment 134929

View attachment 134930
Oh that’s not looking half as bad as I feared! Delighted things are getting sorted for you

Oh that’s not looking half as bad as I feared! Delighted things are getting sorted for you

What @JOG said - thankfully doesn't look like the sill took the brunt of the impact. Good news that the 3rd party has accepted liability mate, that will make life a whole lot easier :thumbsup:. Dashcam has just worked it's way up my priority list.

I'm thinking santa pod was the wrong choice this weekend
Rain this AM, sunshine all afternoon, dry at the mo, but heavy rain again coming early in the morn with 40mph winds.
Still better than stopping at home though!!

Reactions: JOG
Did a near lap of the M25 today, on at M40, off at M3 (I don't like the bit in-between), picked up some more seats that need a little TLC

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Not today, but Thursday. I had to go to Wales to take the van back to the converter to sort an issue out, so drove over the evening before and did a stealth camp on a roadside. My view from the side window of the van when I woke up.

51657171813_0e40f1b307_c.jpgBangor by Nigel G, on Flickr

I was going to stop on the Orme, which I went to first, but first world problems and all that, I had no phone signal, so tried elsewhere.

51661277298_c5aa174b8d_c.jpgOn top of the Orme by Nigel G, on Flickr

Not today, but Thursday. I had to go to Wales to take the van back to the converter to sort an issue out, so drove over the evening before and did a stealth camp on a roadside. My view from the side window of the van when I woke up.

View attachment 135720Bangor by Nigel G, on Flickr

I was going to stop on the Orme, which I went to first, but first world problems and all that, I had no phone signal, so tried elsewhere.

View attachment 135721On top of the Orme by Nigel G, on Flickr
That is just fantastic! Well done! What a brilliant stealth camp

@moomin-j - Is the campsite up by the Abbey any good, John.
A bit on the open side as its on the edge of a cliff, so wind can be interesting.
There are a couple of perimeter walls that you can back up to though.
Basic facilities, no showers, no pitch markers, no EHU - just very large, mostly flat, open fields.
£25/night irrespective of what you camp in or put up.
The farmer prefers to be paid in good old pound notes.
Camp fires allowed.
5 min walk to micro brewery
10 min walk into Whitby, down the 199 steps.
15 min walk out of of Whitby, climbing the 199 steps!!
Very laid back, old school style camping with plenty of space.
Would I go back again - absolutely yes

1636402287726.png

Last edited:
Back