Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Hi Steve Faultless matey it has transformed the van
Hi Chris, cheers for the response. I've been reading as many things as I can on remaps here, but there are so many differing views here I didn’t know what to think so hearing from someone whose run the pendle remap for over a year is all the reassurance I could want. How did it affect your insurance?

Yesterday, we stayed at a campsite near Bronchales, supposedly the highest campsite in Spain. On arrival it had a power cut and appeared a bit run down (but there again it is the end of the season). We were parked amongst the pine trees. It had a restaurant and we were the only 2 eating in it. There was another power cut as we sat down. The guy asked us if we had the same problems in the UK. Yes, following Brexit, we told him!.
The food in all fairness was very good, we really enjoyed it. The concern was, the site made me think of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so the food may have been fellow campers.:eek:

51565533141_3b3ec94706_c.jpgCamping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

Not sure if the occupants of these vans are now chorizo sausages.

51566469700_8c03543265_c.jpgCamping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

51566469685_270704d6ed_c.jpgCamping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

51564741557_13bab5c592_c.jpgCamping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

Yesterday, we stayed at a campsite near Bronchales, supposedly the highest campsite in Spain. On arrival it had a power cut and appeared a bit run down (but there again it is the end of the season). We were parked amongst the pine trees. It had a restaurant and we were the only 2 eating in it. There was another power cut as we sat down. The guy asked us if we had the same problems in the UK. Yes, following Brexit, we told him!.
The food in all fairness was very good, we really enjoyed it. The concern was, the site made me think of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so the food may have been fellow campers.:eek:

View attachment 132563Camping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

Not sure if the occupants of these vans are now chorizo sausages.

View attachment 132564Camping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 132565Camping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 132566Camping in the pines by Nigel G, on Flickr
Is it just me….the site looks and sounds fantastic. The power cuts just add to the experience you’re having

I am just having a laugh really. It was in a cool location, albeit our pitch was fairly crap. Great drive to get there too. You could tell they were winding down. It closes this month.
The restaurant made it. The 2 guys who ran it were great and the food surprisingly good. Expensive for Spain but good value compared to the U.K.

I am just having a laugh really. It was in a cool location, albeit our pitch was fairly crap. Great drive to get there too. You could tell they were winding down. It closes this month.
The restaurant made it. The 2 guys who ran it were great and the food surprisingly good. Expensive for Spain but good value compared to the U.K.
Jealousy factor is quite high right now!!!

Hi Chris, cheers for the response. I've been reading as many things as I can on remaps here, but there are so many differing views here I didn’t know what to think so hearing from someone whose run the pendle remap for over a year is all the reassurance I could want. How did it affect your insurance?
Not as far as I remember its slightly better on fuel but not a lot ,I have done 10,000 miles since the map.
We have been all over Wales, Exmoor, North Yorks in it the main difference is 3,4,5th gear power roll on you don't need to change down to get her moving especially handy in the hill country . The pendle remaps are custom to each van I recommend it

Went to Amesbury to drop my bus off at @Absolut5 for new signature sound install along with new head unit, rear camera and dash cam, my god what an absolutely amazing upgrade, couldn't stop smiling all the way home, crystal clear mid and treble with amazingly powerful, tight punchy bass, Being a Caravelle there was a lot to remove for the rear install but everything was completed well within the day and I can honestly say that the quality of the install is second to none, it is no wonder their work is so highly regarded as I really couldn't tell anyone had been in my bus let alone taken it apart, not a single finger print or off-cut of wire anywhere. If you are looking for a quality sound upgrade Jason and Noel are definitely the go to guys.

IMG_0881.JPG

Went to Amesbury to drop my bus off at @Absolut5 for new signature sound install along with new head unit, rear camera and dash cam, my god what an absolutely amazing upgrade, couldn't stop smiling all the way home, crystal clear mid and treble with amazingly powerful, tight punchy bass, Being a Caravelle there was a lot to remove for the rear install but everything was completed well within the day and I can honestly say that the quality of the install is second to none, it is no wonder their work is so highly regarded as I really couldn't tell anyone had been in my bus let alone taken it apart, not a single finger print or off-cut of wire anywhere. If you are looking for a quality sound upgrade Jason and Noel are definitely the go to guys.

View attachment 132808
So, not only looking good but sounding good too?!!

Cheers Skip, was a please to work on your very clean T6.

followed you home and looked like you were in no rush to get there, lol

Back