Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Commencing our trip home. Last night was at Camping Blanes near Girona. Fairly busy site with mainly dutch and German folk in their caravans or motorhomes. The site was literally across a walkway to the prom/beach. Still nice and warm in the bottom 20's.

View attachment 134278Camping Blanes 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 134279Camping Blanes by Nigel G, on Flickr

And through the gate directly to here

View attachment 134280Blanes Beach by Nigel G, on Flickr

Today we drove into The Massif Central. Stopping the night at Camping Huttopia in Royat. A really nice site, but very few here. It is bloody freezing. First time since 1st October I have had to put jeans and a jumper on.

We got pulled in by the police at the first toll booth on the motorway as we entered France at a check point. Wanted to see my insurance, driving licence and my car papers. I gave him my V5. As you will no doubt be aware it says in big letters that it is not proof of ownership. That was fun trying to explain that I was the owner and that is how it is done in the UK and we don't have another sheet.
They were nice enough about it though.

Off to Dijon tomorrow.

View attachment 134281Camping Huttopia 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 134282Camping Huttopia by Nigel G, on Flickr
Ignoring the scenery on your trip for a moment.., the van looks ace with those wheels :cool:

Simply stunning scenery.
And you stuck to rule 1.
There must be a T6 in at least one of the photos!
Thanks @DaveD. Good to know i didn't break any forum rules on the photos !!!

I'm super lucky living 90 mins away from mountains like that. This time of year the colours are amazing, another month and they'll be white over.

Not sure I can compete with the photo above, but the clouds were certainly 'moody' today. First family day out in the new van (third day of ownership) - 5 mile hack around Draycote Water to walk the pooch, have a picnic and run the half-term legs off the kids...

IMG_0024 (002).jpg

Weather cleared up in the end though, was down to a t-shirt by the end of the walk :cool:

Dray 4.jpg

Nice to see another Transporter when we got back to the car park, but the RAC van wasn't for me, lol. Am I the only one that parks as far away from anyone else as I possibly can? #defensiveparking ;)

Dray1.jpg

Tell me about it, felt for the poor girl in her peugeot 106, she only just pass a month ago and decided to leave the right hand lane on the roundabout, drive through my van to get to the slip road of the m60.

Tell me about it, felt for the poor girl in her peugeot 106, she only just pass a month ago and decided to leave the right hand lane on the roundabout, drive through my van to get to the slip road of the m60.
Jeez wept! At least no one is hurt. Her insurance is stuffed for the next few years and your pride and joy is battered. I hope she didn’t bend the chassis, but I’m always wary of cill damage

Dropped it off at Ecomax tuning in Peterborough to get the dpf cleaned, the engine carbon cleaned and a DSG remap. Can't wait to collect tomorrow!

Jeez wept! At least no one is hurt. Her insurance is stuffed for the next few years and your pride and joy is battered. I hope she didn’t bend the chassis, but I’m always wary of cill damage
That's my worry mate, can't see the extent of the damage until it gets lighter. Fingers crossed

That's my worry mate, can't see the extent of the damage until it gets lighter. Fingers crossed

Mate that's properly rubbish - no 'like' for that post :oops: Metal can be repaired, flesh less so - glad you're ok buster and hope you get it sorted quickly and to your satisfaction. Keep us posted and sending good vibes your way pal.

Mate that's properly rubbish - no 'like' for that post :oops: Metal can be repaired, flesh less so - glad you're ok buster and hope you get it sorted quickly and to your satisfaction. Keep us posted and sending good vibes your way pal.
Cheers brother,

Quick update..... 3rd party has accepted full liability and I've been to vw bodyshop to get an estimate, the insurer has also arranged a courtesy van for me.

I've just got to send the claim number to the bodyshop and they'll send the estimate direct to the insurance.

Looking at the damage in the daylight it doesn't seem too bad.......:eek:

20211027_140635.jpg

20211027_140641.jpg

20211027_140647.jpg

Slightly flippant post after reading @ma77y 's, but good day out at Batsford Arboretum today. Lovely drive down the Fosse Way for an hour and a tip-top walk for a few hours taking in Autumn's arboreal rainbow. I reckon it will be even more impressive in another 1-2 weeks...

Batsford2.jpg

Batsford1 .jpg

Last edited:
Back