I just contacted RGM to supply and fit wheel arch trims and body contour covers To my T6 and asked them if it’s ok to stick these onto a wrapped van. They didn’t know...do any of you guys know??

I would have thought there would be a risk of it lifting the wrap or the bonding agent possibly reacting with the wrap or print on the wrap. Might be worth having a chat with who ever wrapped your van they may also be able to trim the required amount off to allow adhesion to the paint work.

I would have thought there would be a risk of it lifting the wrap or the bonding agent possibly reacting with the wrap or print on the wrap. Might be worth having a chat with who ever wrapped your van they may also be able to trim the required amount off to allow adhesion to the paint work.
Just spoke to guy who’s going to wrap van and he said there’s no risk of the trim coming away from wrap or reacting with it as long as you use 3M tape. It is still a bugger to remove if trim gets damaged And you want to replace them but can be done and any damage to wrap will be covered by new trim. Thanks for your advice

Morning all
I fitted wheel arch trims a while ago and very pleased with the fit
and look. Only problem is rear drivers side it’s come away a little
at the top, ( didn’t get it right first time and had a real fight to get it right)
so original tape and black sealant didn’t take as good as it should of done
So my question is, does Industrial type super glue work outdoors?
what I actually mean is when it gets constantly wet
Cheers
Skinns

No I can’t I’m afraid mate, broke my phone couple of days ago!
its just come away right on the top edge of the trim, by 3mm ish
and about 50 mm long
i can easily clamp it tight and a good glue would do the trick if
it works when wet and doesn’t perish in the weather
it’s one of those things that you don’t really notice but I know it’s
not quite right and it’s driving me nuts

well maybe you could use something that wouldn't damage the paint.

so id use a clear silicone as a glue/adhesive . (a cheaper clear fake version of the renowned sikaflex)

apply silicone in the gap, clamp the gap closed, leave for 24hrs, admire the results

Hi guys

Im looking for this parts to make my T6 multivan like 4x4. Do you know wich online store have it?

Cheers from Spain.

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-16 a las 20.46.59.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesnt specifically say but the only option is to select your van type I think it would include all.

I dont have them myself so perhaps check for reviews. Also VanX and Transporter HQ are worth checking out too.

Ian

It doesnt specifically say but the only option is to select your van type I think it would include all.

I dont have them myself so perhaps check for reviews. Also VanX and Transporter HQ are worth checking out too.

Ian
Thanks for answer, do you know where i can found the van type?

If the distance between the end of the sliding door and rear wheel arch is about 8cm its a SWB, 40cm its LWB.

Back