Heat Gun / Wheel Arch Extensions

Hi Everyone,

I posted a wheel rub thread and I keep going round in circles (no pun intended), which is down to me not anyone elses posts!

I'm going to try the heat gun method on the inner wheel arches (I have looked and I can see where the slight rubbing is). Any tips on how to do it please - i.e. how hot does it need to be, what's best to push the plastic in with and does it stay there when it's cooled down?

Failing that, I wondered if anyone knew the dimensions of the wheel arch extensions (I think they are more like wheel arch protectors in ABS plastic). They seem pretty thin, I'm trying to find out how much extra body width you end up with (so that I could also try larger spacers).

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

You don't get more that 5mm with the WAEs they are a plastic moulding and trim tape and stick over the arch.

You don't get more that 5mm with the WAEs they are a plastic moulding and trim tape and stick over the arch.
That's what I thought, but if it is 5mm that's another 5mm on the spacer, if it's a couple of mm, I'm not sure it's worth it (in terms of widening the arches) - other valid reasons may apply and I personally like the look of them. Cheers Loz. Matt.

Evening all,

Appreciate its an old post but I think the advice is still relevant?

Have just got a brand new t6.1, lowered with h&r 40mm and running 18" wolfrace x10x on bridgestone a005 255/55. All load rated for t28.

Have a slight rub on full lock (when moving) so thought I'd try the heat gun advice as per the post.

Any guidance on how to do this would be appreciated.

Back