What's the impact on sound proofing if adding rear windows...?

Just realised my mistake, my post doesn't read how it does in my head, I mean 'who' being 'the insurer'.

This is what the official guidance says:

Do I need to inform anybody of the changes?​

It may not be necessary to have your vehicle’s registration details altered, but you should check with the DVLA or your DVLA Local Office.

You should also inform your insurance company of the changes made along with the number of passengers and the manner in which they will be carried.
The link you posted was interesting. thank you. I would definitely let my insurer know of the modifications but I guess where it gets tricky is whether or not I actually add the additional seats in. I might add brackets throughout the entire rear compartment but might hold off getting the seats for a while.

The link you posted was interesting. thank you. I would definitely let my insurer know of the modifications but I guess where it gets tricky is whether or not I actually add the additional seats in. I might add brackets throughout the entire rear compartment but might hold off getting the seats for a while.
Might be worth getting a quote with the most seats you'd likely fit. If it's more than you'd be willing to pay there's not much point fitting the brackets in the first place?

Spoke with insurance company just now and I'm fine to add additional seats. When I do I just need to let them know.
9 or more seats is where it gets tasty as you're then classed as a minibus.
They said I can fit as many floor brackets for now and only tell them if/when I fit extra seats

Back