T6 factory tailgate owners, can i ask a favour

HoopDub

I fix stuff
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I need a vin number for a t6 2018 would be ideal. Has to be a tailgate van, preferably with rear window heaters and wiper.

I know this may sound dodgy, but its not :) im using VW Erwin system to download wiring diagrams and repair manuals. Currently doing it for my van, using my vin number. But my van has barn doors. I'm doing a tailgate conversion and need a tailgate vans vin number to access the specific model data for that van.
Just so i can get all the wiring etc as factory as i can when doing the swap over. Such as wire colour back to the BCM for the locking mech, heated rear screen wire size and colour, rear wiper etc etc

If you are not happy posting it here then just PM me.
As payback i will forward you all the pdf's i download for your van :)
Erwin is a pay as you use portal, so its going to cost me about €30+ to do this, plus it's flippin time consuming opening every file and saving it. But so much better to have the factory documents and info, especiallybif you're like me and can't leave anything standard.

Cheers all

Matt

Yeah I've had a few from in there. Lot's of other info also on Erwin. It's a bloody good resource tbh, just a little expensive for the home fitter

I need a vin number for a t6 2018 would be ideal. Has to be a tailgate van, preferably with rear window heaters and wiper.

I know this may sound dodgy, but its not :) im using VW Erwin system to download wiring diagrams and repair manuals. Currently doing it for my van, using my vin number. But my van has barn doors. I'm doing a tailgate conversion and need a tailgate vans vin number to access the specific model data for that van.
Just so i can get all the wiring etc as factory as i can when doing the swap over. Such as wire colour back to the BCM for the locking mech, heated rear screen wire size and colour, rear wiper etc etc

If you are not happy posting it here then just PM me.
As payback i will forward you all the pdf's i download for your van :)
Erwin is a pay as you use portal, so its going to cost me about €30+ to do this, plus it's flippin time consuming opening every file and saving it. But so much better to have the factory documents and info, especiallybif you're like me and can't leave anything standard.

Cheers all

Matt
Hi Matt,
I'd be interested to know how you got on with converting to tailgate and what it cost you - I'm in the market for a T6 PV (not Combi), but whatever I get must have a tailgate. There's far more choice going with barn doors so was thinking of going this route and then converting it - I'd do the conversion.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

Hey mate, i haven't started the job yet and probably wont this side of christmas tbh.
Cost...... well, the first rule of tailgate club is you never talk about...... :) :cool:
i bought what was supposed to be a "complete" conversion kit at a wallet busting £1800. This had a factory glazed tailgate, in white, with everything still on it, tailgate struts, lower side pods in white a white tailgate rear bumper and factory led tail lights.

Being a "complete" kit i was expecting everything to be there that i would need, parts wise, to get it fitted. Especially forking out a large amount of cash for exactly that reason. But no. Missing hinges, and any other van side fixings. Also missing the inner tailgate panel and closing handle.
Trying to buy tailgate hinges from a breakers is like trying to buy a turboman action figure on christmas eve. No bueno.

So i have since had to buy new hinges, spreader plates, nuts, bolts and gaskets. I've also got the lower mounting brackets and trims for the struts, locating guides and fixings.
I didn't want to go down the conversion kit route, although easier, id have to buy different struts, and so on.
There are 2 more brackets I've got to get for the van side, inner D pillar. Not got them yet. Kind of lost interest at the moment with it.

So im in at about £2K at the moment, with bit's i still need to buy.
It can be done a fair bit cheaper if you pick up the bits individually etc etc. I thought paying a bit over the odds for the convenience of having everything in a "kit" and being able to fit it all in one go would be worth the extra.
How wrong, my wallet wont talk to me anymore, and my back hurts from being bent over and taken advantage of.

My advice, hold out for a van with a factory tailgate. Much less stressful.

Hey mate, i haven't started the job yet and probably wont this side of christmas tbh.
Cost...... well, the first rule of tailgate club is you never talk about...... :) :cool:
i bought what was supposed to be a "complete" conversion kit at a wallet busting £1800. This had a factory glazed tailgate, in white, with everything still on it, tailgate struts, lower side pods in white a white tailgate rear bumper and factory led tail lights.

Being a "complete" kit i was expecting everything to be there that i would need, parts wise, to get it fitted. Especially forking out a large amount of cash for exactly that reason. But no. Missing hinges, and any other van side fixings. Also missing the inner tailgate panel and closing handle.
Trying to buy tailgate hinges from a breakers is like trying to buy a turboman action figure on christmas eve. No bueno.

So i have since had to buy new hinges, spreader plates, nuts, bolts and gaskets. I've also got the lower mounting brackets and trims for the struts, locating guides and fixings.
I didn't want to go down the conversion kit route, although easier, id have to buy different struts, and so on.
There are 2 more brackets I've got to get for the van side, inner D pillar. Not got them yet. Kind of lost interest at the moment with it.

So im in at about £2K at the moment, with bit's i still need to buy.
It can be done a fair bit cheaper if you pick up the bits individually etc etc. I thought paying a bit over the odds for the convenience of having everything in a "kit" and being able to fit it all in one go would be worth the extra.
How wrong, my wallet wont talk to me anymore, and my back hurts from being bent over and taken advantage of.

My advice, hold out for a van with a factory tailgate. Much less stressful.
Well that’s made mind up then! Looks like I’ll need to be prepared to travel for suitable one with a tailgate.

Good luck with the conversion.
Cheers, Simon

Back