What would you do?

T6Louis

Evening all,
I have a 2018 Kombi,T6 T32 150 bought in sept 2021 with 33000 on the clock from a main VW dealer as a used vehicle.
At 36000 it developed an ad blue fault and displayed on the dash board “no engine restart after 650miles”
It was sent in for repair under warranty to a VW service repair centre, and repaired or so I thought.
The same fault showed again 39728, 42157,43576 and now at 44600.
Each time it has been repaired under warranty but now the warranty is due to expire and I fear I’ll be left with a vehicle not fit for purpose and a complete headache.
I’m booked in again on 1st for a diagnostic.
Any suggestions as to what I should be asking the manufacturer to do?
Refund and return?
Replacement?
Make a written complaint?
Speak to someone high up?
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance,
L

I think that's really a question for your dealer.

I'm pretty sure you wont have any rights to reject/return the vehicle due to how long you"ve had the vehicle - there are time restrictions on making a claim...but I am pretty sure that VW Main Dealers have some sort of warranty on the servicing and repairs which could be an avenue for you to explore with them.

You havent said what the issue was that caused the error message, or what repair was undertaken to rectify it each time (for example, did they just top up the ad-blue or clear error messages). Again, one to ask the dealer and you can then decide what approach to take from there.

I suggest speak to someone at the VW service repair centre, if that doesn't get you anywhere, ask to speak to someone high up.
If that fails, make a written complaint.

Evening all,
I have a 2018 Kombi,T6 T32 150 bought in sept 2021 with 33000 on the clock from a main VW dealer as a used vehicle.
At 36000 it developed an ad blue fault and displayed on the dash board “no engine restart after 650miles”
It was sent in for repair under warranty to a VW service repair centre, and repaired or so I thought.
The same fault showed again 39728, 42157,43576 and now at 44600.
Each time it has been repaired under warranty but now the warranty is due to expire and I fear I’ll be left with a vehicle not fit for purpose and a complete headache.
I’m booked in again on 1st for a diagnostic.
Any suggestions as to what I should be asking the manufacturer to do?
Refund and return?
Replacement?
Make a written complaint?
Speak to someone high up?
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance,
L
Determine what the root cause is and how much it will cost to make a reliable repair.
Determine how much it costs you in lost time / business when it breaks down.
IMO look at the figures and if it’s a lemon get rid of it.

I wouldn’t have much faith in a VW dealer / workshop looking too hard for a root cause, from my experience and what I read they tend to treat the symptoms with minimal costs to themselves.

Last edited:
Well, the ongoing issue is the ad blue error message fault and the EML light that appears every few months, this time I got just under 1000 miles before it popped up.
Then it goes in for work, has various bits and piece done to it like, ox sensor, glow plugs, hoses, system updates, erg valve flush, the list goes on and on.
I’ve asked for a replacement/ refund but I’m not holding my breath.
One person at VW HEAD OFFICE says one thing, the GM of the retailer says another.
Time will tell one this one

Back