T6 TPI - Start-stop System Fails Intermittently, Engine Does Not Switch Off Or On -

We get it you don’t like this system

Agreed there’s no reason to disconnect anything, flat battery = faulty battery (or faulty something else)

If you understand the pros and cons of this action fair enough but unplugging it has onward consequences

NO flat battery does not = faulty battery (fact), my neighbour owns a 2014 C Clas Mercedes CGI petrol this time last year he went on a cruise, came home and found his car would not start, called out the uk AA who tested his battery, test showed battery flat AA suggested a new battery was required, neighbour said NO, told AA to charge battery, today the car starts first time and neighbour has had no issues since, so NO flat does not mean faulty, about 5 months ago said neighbour implemented the sensor disconnect, like myself as had no issues and no flat battery, he also said his fuel economy appeared the same as before disconnect.

What onward consequences, are you saying that if the sensor actually failed it would trash something else, if that sensor was important it would thow a CEL and it does not, well not on my Merc`s.

Last edited:
Have these replacement batteries been in the vehicles long enough to test the charging system, flat battery complaints are not just in this forum, anyway you also get rid of stop start, that 2 birds with one stone, NO stop/start and always have a fully charged battery.
I quite like Stop/Start.

Back