What TV are you watching??

I’m a bit of a sci-fi nut but just couldn’t get on with The Boys. I usually make up my mind on something after 2 or 3 episodes but persisted as I had heard so much good stuff about it. In the end, I found myself just not concentrating on it and when I said so to my wife, she immediately agreed and said bin it. Did the same only yesterday with Utopia. The first episode was excellent (if a bit bonkers) but by 3, it had lost me. That said, cant wait for Discovery and The Mandalorian both of which, I think, return soon. We’re bit late to the Ozark party but have nearly finished Season 1 - it’s getting better with each episode and I can deffo see the comparisons that people have made with Breaking Bad (can’t think of a better benchmark).

Finished Boardwalk Empire
currently watching:
Long Way Up
Tehran
Des

I don't know about "needing to watch it" as it's borderline harrowing at times but gives a good impression of revealing what a corporate super hero agency might be run like and how it's agenda might not coincide with that of society.

You'll find yourself rooting for the super hero hunters rather than the supposed "supes"... I'm watching it but feeling distinctly queasy!

Okay, I watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last week. I'm lost for words....

Makes me want to bury my phone in a time capsule somewhere off shore.

Discuss.....

Shameless start to finish, never watched it before but it’s good for self esteem.

Okay, I watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last week. I'm lost for words....

Makes me want to bury my phone in a time capsule somewhere off shore.

Discuss.....

not seen that but have watched' The Great Hack' (on Netflix) with very much the same outcome re. my phone...

Just finished ‘The Boys’ season 2, best show I’ve watched in a while. Just started ‘Long Way Up’, enjoying it so far but won’t be buying an electric motorbike any time soon though.

Season 2 of Narcos
and just seen that Startrek Discovery new season is started :)

Disco is tonights treat. Watched the last 2 episodes of Ozark Season 1 last night - fantastic and I don't know how we missed when it first ran. Also enjoying The Right Stuff - IMHO not quite as good as the original movie and nowhere near as good as the book upon which it's based but it's about time that a series was made of it so I'm grateful for what I've got.

Watched the new episode of The Mandalorian last night and am very pleased to report that it's keeping up the excellent standards of the last season. Timothy Olyphant puts in a very solid guest appearance reprising his lawman roles of Seth Bullock in Deadwood and Raylan Givens in Justified (both of which we're re-watching at the moment) and proves that sometimes there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with a bit of typecasting - he was born to play a gunslinger! I'm one of those who was really into the original Star Wars trilogy but have been left a bit cold by later additions to the saga but my inner anorak is loving some of the nods to the past in The Mandalorian. Spoiler alert - Boba Fett is back - I thought I recognised that rocket launcher!

Last edited:
I've just finished The Queen's Gambit - Its a great watch and nothing to do with the monarchy

Mandolorian S2E2 last night, had a nod to the Alien movies.

Burning myself out on a Friday night now with The Mandalorian and Star Trek Discovery, this is what happens when Gardeners World finishes for the year!
Star Trek must have widened it's appeal a bit as the wife will watch this third series and says it's more like the Orville, admittedly not quite that much humour but a bit more human.

Burning myself out on a Friday night now with The Mandalorian and Star Trek Discovery, this is what happens when Gardeners World finishes for the year!
Star Trek must have widened it's appeal a bit as the wife will watch this third series and says it's more like the Orville, admittedly not quite that much humour but a bit more human.
Two great series @Stay Frosty I have watched the Mando S2 3 episodes so far and certainly not disappointed.
Star Trek is the same, different but still thrilling to watch.
Roll on Friday for the next episode of Mando :thumbsup:

Back