What makes a CAAB engine more powerfull than a CAAA?

What makes a CAAB engine more powerfull than a CAAA?

I'm in Australia. My CAAB 103kw engine broke its crank. It has been replaced with a long motor and some of the bits from a 75kw engined short wheel base T6. E.g. the turbo and inlet manifold complete. Its still my Intercooler, rad and ECU and gearbox, and runs nice and doesn't leak. Happy days.

According to VW here the long engine and turbo are same. As are injectors and fuel pump. Throttle body seems to be a generic one also.

My question is because I'm down on horse power and getting much better fuel economy to support that. As I need HP to tow etc, what makes the extra horse power for the 103kw engine?

Is it just ecu settings that VW can correct for me, or is there an important component that needs to be kept in my car from the donor?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Russell
Melbourne Oz.

According to VW here the long engine and turbo are same. As are injectors and fuel pump. Throttle body seems to be a generic one also.
Correct. Also here:
CAAB 103kw engine
Not sure if it's relevant but CAAC is 103kW.
1646849577610.png

Its still my Intercooler, rad and ECU and gearbox,
It's the ECU that does it all re the torque, and power. I would say your power hasn't changed by replacing the other parts.
However, ECU is matched with injectors so if the current injectors are new to the ECU, the "Injector delivery calibration" adaptation would be beneficial.

Thankyou mmi. All good info. And I do have an EGR warning (Not flowing enough) and have another to swap on. The EGR came with new engine so probably dodgy.

Thanks again.
Russ.

Back