What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Borrowed a spare ramp in my mates workshop and ran all the cabling in the van for the leisure battery and my powered undeseat sub. Ran out of time to make all the connections and fit everything but at least I can do all these from inside the van with the doors shut even if it's raining. Happy with that

Absolutely miserable day up in Scotland. Still gave the T6 a well deserved clean and finally fitted my lower chrome strip after buying it months ago........oh and fitted my Xmas tree.:)
MVIMG_20191129_133620.jpg

Finally got the caravelle sliding door cards fitted, retrimmed the centre panels in black alcantara to match the new rear seats (xmas hols project). Pleased with how they look, biggest hassle was getting the metal clips installed, few bad words uttered on numerous occassions20191130_113453.jpg

Borrowed a spare ramp in my mates workshop and ran all the cabling in the van for the leisure battery and my powered undeseat sub. Ran out of time to make all the connections and fit everything but at least I can do all these from inside the van with the doors shut even if it's raining. Happy with that
Finished this little project off, more than happy with the result

Now for the next project... Honestly this being made redundant and on enforced gardening leave before I start my next job is getting quite expensive

At long last. Hope it was worth the wait and all that you had dreamed of.

It was absolutely amazing. Inside reached 4.9 degrees but we just switched the heater back on and clambered back into bed. Outside was - 4 and we wouldn't have known.

I think my husband now has competition for the most important person/thing in my life.
:whistle:

Installed sliding door power latching for under £200 plus my labour. Well happy with the results.
Certainly makes it easier to close from the inside, especially when your parked facing up hill and have a window pod blind fitted too. :slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl:

Installed sliding door power latching for under £200 plus my labour. Well happy with the results.
Certainly makes it easier to close from the inside, especially when your parked facing up hill and have a window pod blind fitted too. :slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl:

Details please?? :)

The wiring loom and installation info was supplied courtesy of @Pauly. Circa £80

Power module and motor are recycled and supplied locally and are T5 generation which fit the T6. They’re readily available on the likes of eBay. Just check the pics for the production dates.
E.G.
Latching motor, left side UK passenger side and Euro driver side. Be extra careful you identify the right part number. Passenger side is 7h0843765d. 766 for the offside. Some ads state 765 but also it’s for the driver side or the pics show a 766 motor so best to message and check.Make an offer to get the best deal.
You also need to buy the one with the black striking plate attached VW Transporter Caravelle Drivers side sliding door locking motor 7H0843765 D | eBay

This one is missing the striking plate so you’d have to buy one VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER 2003-2016 SLIDING DOOR MOTOR 7H0843765D | eBay

My Power module is 7h0959243h, which I paid £25. Some here, just make them a cheeky offer as you can always raise it. 7h0959243 | eBay

Obviously you don’t get the VW warrantee on the recycled parts but fingers crossed

Thank you very very much. I think my husband would murder and dismember me if I talk to him about this now (we only just got the van back from the converters) but I will make a note of it for future. He has complained about the door slamming so I think that might work to my advantage.
:p

Back