What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Cleaned the inside after a month of touring in Italy. Lots of grubby finger marks on the window where the kids were sitting! I also started to make my very own multiflex board. No pics until its finished though!

The panel is a 110w VictronConnect I got it from Martyn at travelvolts it was the only one with the correct rating to connect to my ctek250 controller.

Can’t remember where I bought the roof bars but I just drilled 5 holes along the length and inserted some rivnuts, then drilled the panel and bolted them on.

Have you got any pictures of how you fastened to roof bars? This looks like a really good compromise that avoids Sikaflex and drilling roof. How did you route solar cables? Thanks

Have you got any pictures of how you fastened to roof bars? This looks like a really good compromise that avoids Sikaflex and drilling roof. How did you route solar cables? Thanks

I dont have any pics but i drilled 5 holes in each of the roof bars and fitted 5 rivnuts, then drilled corresponding holes in the frame of the solar panel and bolted it together.

routing the cables i ran them from the solar panel down the tailgate removed the rear light and ran the cables through the same rubber grommet that the rear light wiring uses then up along the roof with the existing loom and down into below the passenger seat.

Fitted extra clunk click door rubbers and a rubber window seal that stops all the junk sliding into the abyss. Got them from X8R on their fleabaysite.

Had a fight with the H7s LED DRL bulbs again. Putting the originals back in ready for trade in tomorrow. The ones that I had gave a bulb warning, so also tried some new CAN BUS ones that will go into the new Velle tomorrow whilst I was at it. At this rate, I'll be able to do it with my eyes shut. Actually, eyes open or shut, you can't see or even feel what you are doing. What a tw@ of a job.

Fitted my new pressed plates.
Waiting a week for the slimline plate surrounds felt like an age. 15677674885998347312656825097730.jpg

@Yzfr1 Are you happy with the plates and where did you get them. I got some standard plates and they are crap
I'm very happy with them.
I made a slight mod to mine......when they get stamped the outside of the black line border still shows through yellow. I took a permanent marker and coloured it black to match just in case it showed when mounted in the numberplate surrounds.
And you will definitely need surrounds as the plates will scratch your paint.
I got them from pressednumberplates.co.uk less than £20 for the pair delivered.
You will need a copy of your ID and the logbook as they are 100% legal.

Back