What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

. Personal recommendation to not drive on the motorway with no front bumper as the wind will push the inner arches into the tyre.

Yeh I know, wasn’t a long drive just needed to get it back to the body shop. Had gone round it and checked all wires were out of the way and nothing sharp etc etc just didn’t think of this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now need to find some new inner arches (don’t know if they are the same on all models but suspect not).

On the upside my bumper is all repaired and painted following removal of the LV Splitter

Other downside is the pre painted THQ dog bones have started to have the paint fall of them so they’ll be getting a call next week as well as a chat about the sequential side indicator also failing.
IMG_4764.jpeg

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4768.jpegIMG_4766.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

@DaveCrampton. Well done you. I was out in my Audi Q5 last week and realised that the air con wasn't working at all - I topped the gas up myself when I got home but it didn't make any difference and my next thought was that the compressor might have failed which has the potential to be an expensive repair. When I got home, I plugged Carista in and it told me that the A/C Temperature Pressure Sensor 'wasn't responding'. I then went around to my local garage who plugged in his SnapOn diagnostic tablet thing which gave the same result and is therefore fitting a new sensor next week - he also checked the pressure in the system that confirmed that the a/c gas was present so no leaks which is good. I shouldn't really complain as we've had the car since 2015 when it was a year old and apart from a dodgy window switch which I changed myself, this is the first thing to actually go wrong with it. Also on the plus side is that it's not a very expensive compressor that needs replacing, just a slightly less expensive sensor.

Realigned my water tank. The original position, width wise, was not very space effective. Took the opportunity to sterilise the tank and give it a good clean to remove the debris that had collected. Would never drink water from it as discovered the waterpump has a rusting jubilee clip. Can you get plastic clips.

IMG_0042.jpeg

After being away for the last few months and the wife being in charge of the van with strict instructions not to wash it while I was away, I spent a good three hours giving her a clean and putting the banded steels back on ready for the summer!

IMG_8210.jpeg

Back