What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Busy afternoon, bumper off yet again, swapped out one of the added DRL’s as it had water ingress, great customer service from Travelinelite, no quibbles replacement sent.

Also fitted my recently bought VW Carbon splitter from @Jon , big thanks to @Bundy88 and @Jwardy23 who got it to me via the Forum Collection service. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@JOG number played straightened for you mate ;)

View attachment 175469
That’s my OCD catered for! We call them a number plate, not played though!!!

@Pete C how easy was it to remove? My red rubber seal has split and I keep having to push it back in. I'm concerned that water will get in and distrust the inside of the tailgate.
Thanks.

Swapped my OEM E3 LED rear lights for a set of 6.1 clones from Travelin lite with dynamic indicators, Fitted the rear spoiler I brought a few weeks ago and sprayed myself and embarked on a little de-badging/re-badging

IMG_1181.JPGIMG_1180.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1154.JPGIMG_1156.JPGIMG_1159.JPGIMG_1158.JPGIMG_1161.JPGIMG_1167.JPGIMG_1168.JPGIMG_1169.JPG
IMG_1184.JPGIMG_1190.JPGIMG_1192.JPGIMG_1193.JPGIMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG

Last edited:
@Pete C how easy was it to remove? My red rubber seal has split and I keep having to push it back in. I'm concerned that water will get in and distrust the inside of the tailgate.
Thanks.
Trivally easy. 2 bolts on the inside and it comes out. Release the clip on the electrical connector and it’s out.
You need a T20 Torx driver for the bolts.

Pete

Full tilt winter prep day. 6 hours on van, and 90 mins on the missus’ Mini to keep her happy.

Short version: cleaned the buggery out of 2 vehicles, inside and out, and got the exterior of both winter ready (skip to photos if you’re not interested in the process :whistle:)

Longer version: Van’s been neglected for the last month, and had a free day today, so went to town on a deep clean and winter prep…

Exterior:
- On my back on the floor, power wash of the underbelly
- Deep clean of the inner wheel arches
- Usual maintenance wash (Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam (snow foam) pre-wash, followed by full 2 bucket method wash (well, 3 buckets actually, +one for the wheels). Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash for the bodywork contact wash and Auto-Glym Polar Wash (via the snow foam Lance) for the wheels (+ BH Auto-Wheel cleaner/iron fall-out remover)
- Iron fall-out remover on the bodywork (Bilt Hamber Korrosol) - satisfying, always fun seeing the purple ‘bleed’
- Tar remover (Auto Finesse Tardis)
- Full hand polish with Auto-Glym Super Resin Polish
- 2 coats of hard paste wax applied by hand - AG HD - very nice stuff indeed - recommend (I really need to invest in a dual action polishing machine, my shoulders are absolutely jiggered tonight!)
- Exterior glass clean with Anglewax Vision
- Tyres dressed with AG High Performance Tyre Gel (and knocked back to a matt finish with a microfibre towel)

Interior:
- Full interior clean, no fancy products needed, just a damp, wrung out microfibre spritzed with BH Surfex HD, so steering wheel, interior door and grab handles etc fully cleaned/degreased
- Interior glass clean with Anglewax Vision
- Interior ‘hoovered’ - front and rear carpet mats removed and given a once over with a wet-vac carpet cleaner
- Leather seats (front and rear) were shiny, and shiny = dirty, so full leather clean with Valet Pro Leather Soap, then protected with Valet Pro Leather Protector

She’s looking better than the day I collected her.

Then a quick token wash of her Mini.

I’m knackered, and ready to go back to work tomorrow for a rest…

Mirror finish (loving reflections!):

CF78FB39-59B3-4398-9854-35C8AB8FAA4A.jpeg

Squeaky clean leather:

060FBE61-F8AA-4374-AE87-434C07932874.jpeg
9133111B-F6D5-4898-987C-EF63D7D5F3C6.jpeg

Her motor…

91FF6AC6-AB58-4715-9A1F-DC8718833380.jpeg

All done…

CE0D5CDC-825A-4FDC-BC41-C12A72FE27A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Full tilt winter prep day. 6 hours on van, and 90 mins on the missus’ Mini to keep her happy.

Short version: cleaned the buggery out of 2 vehicles, inside and out, and got the exterior of both winter ready (skip to photos if you’re not interested in the process :whistle:)

Longer version: Van’s been neglected for the last month, and had a free day today, so went to town on a deep clean and winter prep…

Exterior:
- Usual maintenance wash (Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam (snow foam) pre-wash, followed by full 2 bucket method wash (well, 3 buckets actually, +one for the wheels). Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash for the bodywork contact wash and Auto-Glym Polar Wash (via the snow foam Lance) for the wheels (+ BH Auto-Wheel cleaner/iron fall-out remover)
- Iron fall-out remover on the bodywork (Bilt Hamber Korrosol) - satisfying, always fun seeing the purple ‘bleed’
- 2 coats of hard paste wax applied by hand - AG HD - very nice stuff indeed - recommend (I really need to invest in a dual action polishing machine, my shoulders are absolutely jiggered tonight!)
- Tyres dressed with AG High Performance Tyre Gel (and knocked back to a matt finish with a microfibre towel)

Interior:
- Full interior clean, no fancy products needed, just a damp, wrung out microfibre spritzed with BH Surfex HD, so steering wheel, interior door and grab handles etc fully cleaned/degreased
- Interior ‘hoovered’ - front and rear carpet mats removed and given a once over with a wet-vac carpet cleaner
- Leather seats (front and rear) were shiny, and shiny = dirty, so full leather clean with Valet Pro Leather Soap, then protected with Valet Pro Leather Protector

View attachment 175527

Squeaky clean leather:

View attachment 175525
View attachment 175526

Her motor…

View attachment 175524

All done…

View attachment 175539
looks well worth the effort, results speak for themselves

Busy afternoon, bumper off yet again, swapped out one of the added DRL’s as it had water ingress, great customer service from Travelinelite, no quibbles replacement sent.

Also fitted my recently bought VW Carbon splitter from @Jon , big thanks to @Bundy88 and @Jwardy23 who got it to me via the Forum Collection service. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@JOG number plate straightened for you mate ;)

View attachment 175469
Happy to help. Looks really good

Exterior:

Interior:

View attachment 175527

Squeaky clean leather:

View attachment 175525
View attachment 175526

Her motor…

View attachment 175524

All done…

View attachment 175539

Yeah my missus would be well impressed if I spent 90mins on her "Mini" too

Try a speading a bit of washing up liquid on whatever your trying to push through and make sure what your pushinhg though has a rounded end, use insutaion tape to make the end more rounded if it hasnt, then more washing up liquid onto the wire as it pulls through..
You might have already tried this but thought I would mention it works usually.
0AC3576D-E197-470E-B7CA-27775C1B0D7C.jpeg
Finally managed to wiggle the wire through. Bamboo skewer for the bellows, and earth bonding cable down the tailgate. Thanks @Mic71 !

Back