What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

how did you find the horn to fit?
Not bad tbh, remove the front bumper or at least the rhs and drill an 8mm dia hole in the plastic cross member. mounted the relay there too. took about an hour but well worth the effort. Sounds much better now!

Not bad tbh, remove the front bumper or at least the rhs and drill an 8mm dia hole in the plastic cross member. mounted the relay there too. took about an hour but well worth the effort. Sounds much better now!
Thank you

Today I tackled the Shuttle rear vents which would not switch to the roof vents, only stay on the window side vents.

Then whilst the rear was open I removed the door cover to ass wiring to the rear tailgate. If removing the tailgate inner plastic cover be careful to remove the pull down strap and child lock cover prior, so it doesn't break the child lock cover. . Then I threaded a red and black cable from the middle of the van where my leisure battery is currently and tucked it into the door. I managed to thread it through the rubber tailgate hose, not easy, and then used some rods to pull the wires out. Tip, the stopper, unscrews and you can use that as a half way pull through.

IMG_20220624_175345.jpg

Then I fitted the light to the tailgate plastic, added connectors and refitted.

IMG_20220624_174642.jpg

Finally I pulled the C pillar covers off and tucked the cabling down to come out next to the leisure battery, which is currently under the rear bench seat on the passenger side. Finally I have had a couple of twin USB outlets for a while, so I moved the 12V socket back (marking and cutting with Stanley knife), and fitted the USB outlet where the 12V originally was. You need to unscrew the seatbelt at the base to allow the panel to move out enough to get in. The new USB outlet is not connected to the leisure battery so can be used when the van is off and I'm sleeping over ight, locked in.

IMG_20220624_174522.jpg

Now I need to figure out how easily to fit the second USB outlet in the dash. I did think about replacing the dash top outlet, but don't want to loose an outlet, plus I can't just unplug, unless the connector is hidden deeper in the dash.

IMG_20220624_175945.jpg

Suggestions welcome.

There seems to be a bunch of new stuff in the standard (not beta) Carista app for the T6.1 :thumbsup:

When I first got Carista, about the only thing you could do with the 6.1 was activate the ‘needle sweep’ when you start the ignition, and keep an eye on soot levels in the DPF, so seeing a whole load of new options today was a nice surprise. This might not be new news, but today is the first time I’ve plugged the dongle into the OBD port in about a month, so thought I’d share…

I’ve enabled:

- Single ‘chirp’ on locking (which is thankfully subtle, but it will stop me constantly re-checking I’ve locked the van as I walk away from it). I will turn this off when I’m on campsites!

- Tailgate/rear DRL’s - used to have these on my old S3, always felt like it was a ‘miss’ not having these on the van

- Auto-fold mirrors with a single (not long) press on the key-fob

- Flash hazard warning lights when emergency stopping

If you have Carista, remember to open your bonnet when connecting to the app. There’s a bunch of other new stuff in there I need to play with.

Rear DRL’s look orange in this photo, but they are red in reality…

0C92CD1D-238B-40A8-A9B7-76227112E19E.jpeg
0B25BB52-38CB-4D7C-A9C9-D80040F3151E.jpeg
B88EF485-E26F-4BB9-A626-AADDA04C812F.jpeg
EE777411-BAEA-4500-9757-19400E24717B.jpeg
1991DFC2-BC67-4B24-A739-65677DCEF2DE.jpeg

Last edited:
So there seems to be a bunch of new stuff on the standard (not beta) Carista app for the T6.1 :thumbsup:

When I first got Carista, about the only thing you could do with it was activate the ‘needle sweep’ when you start the ignition, and keep an eye on the soot levels in your DPF, so seeing a whole load of new options today was a nice surprise. This might not be new news, but today is the first time I’ve plugged the dongle into the OBD port in about a month, so thought I’d share…

I’ve enabled:

- Single ‘chirp’ on locking (which is thankfully subtle, but it will stop me constantly re-checking I’ve locked the van as I walk away from it). I will turn this off when I’m on campsites!

- Tailgate/rear DRL’s - used to have these on my old S3, always felt like it was a ‘miss’ not having these on the van

- Auto-fold mirrors with a single (not long) press on the key-fob

- Flash hazard warning lights when emergency stopping

If you have Carista, remember to open your bonnet when connecting to the app. There’s a bunch of other new stuff in the there I need to play with.

Rear DRL’s look orange in this photo, but they are red in reality…

View attachment 162181
View attachment 162178
View attachment 162177
View attachment 162180
View attachment 162179
Does anybody know how to set the auto fold mirrors with a single click, not the long hold, on the OBD11 dongle?

I'd like this but I assume an alarm is required to produce the sound? I don't imagine my T6 Startline has the ability to chirp.

Used it on our family holiday. Very pleased with the setup now for moving 2 adults, 2 bairns, 2 dogs, and all the associated bumf.

Had to pull the spare off the roof to get the 150kg roof capacity back to useable levels. It's sat in the boot for now until I get a bracket sorted for underneath, but pairs up well with our bike trailer / double buggy so not in a rush to sort that.

Unfortunately for Emmett, he did suffer the fate of the Kragle to keep him up there...

full.jpg

roof.jpg

wheels.jpg

Back