What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Changed the disc and pads on one corner and painted the caliper orange (badly).View attachment 157957Long story but lessons learned are:-
Grind the crap off the caliper and carrier while they are off the vehicle and degrease.
Replace disc and pads
Reassemble
Paint callipers.
I painted them separately off the vehicle, wasting ages in between coats, then messed them up when reassembling everything and especially when putting the retaining spring clip back on.
I know your pain. Same happened with me. Them retaining clips just ripped apart the paint. Had to touch up.

I've booked my van in for a service at the Volkswagen Van Centre in Swindon. The info system tells me it is due an inspection in 15 days. I got 2 'free' services when I bought it. a 2016 Kombi Highline with only 35735 on the clock - we've done around 5000 since picking it up at the end of the summer last year.

Reactions: CAB
First MOT and passed without any problems, so service at VW Teeside in 2 weeks and eligibility inspection for the all in deal, hope that is as straight forward.
So did you get the MOT done separately? I am quite surprised that when I contacted VW I was told that I couldn’t have the eligibility check for all in one done until everything had lapsed and so would need to get MOT first outside of cover, seems very disjointed

So did you get the MOT done separately? I am quite surprised that when I contacted VW I was told that I couldn’t have the eligibility check for all in one done until everything had lapsed and so would need to get MOT first outside of cover, seems very disjointed
I always have my vehicles MOT carried out by a test station that only do tests not repairs then they won’t be looking for work.
VW will carry out a prepaid service and eligibility check and change the brake fluid (£66 inc. vat) as this is part of the requirements for the check, the 2 free mot’s in the deal won’t be used but it’s still a good deal for me.
You can have the check done 7days before the your warranty expires the check is only valid for 7 days so you can start the deal the day after your warranty expires.
Some dealerships are more helpful than others, I live 500yds from the York dealership and they are very poor so hence the trip to Middlesbrough.

Last edited:
Hmm, Teeside VW did my (paid for) service and MOT a few days before it was 3 and also carried out the eligibility check. I was told I could take it out over the phone a few days later after it turned 3.

Hmm, Teeside VW did my (paid for) service and MOT a few days before it was 3 and also carried out the eligibility check. I was told I could take it out over the phone a few days later after it turned 3.
Local (Citygate) dealership told me it couldn’t be done until it was 3! I thought it didn’t sound right! Sounds like a good plan I’ll see if I can do the same somewhere better than shitygate. Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Local (Citygate) dealership told me it couldn’t be done until it was 3! I thought it didn’t sound right! Sounds like a good plan I’ll see if I can do the same somewhere better than shitygate. Cheers
There is a distinct lack of consistency about this deal

Back