What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

It will be for sale once I have some idea what to advertise it for and my funds clear from the sale of my other car so we can upgrade this one .

Thank you tiny Tim .

I would just like help with what I should be advertising it for and what’s for sale on here please .

Your best bet is probably to look on here, Ebay, Auto trader etc for similar vans and take it from there.

Got James at JSB Campers to fit a Vamoose multi-rail awning rail for me. Excellent job, great value and a very enjoyable chat with a thoroughly knowledgeable chap

View attachment 142534
Can I ask what the end section of your rail is secured with? Ours has been fiited but the end has come off after its first use and it looks like its just been siliconed on‍♀️ FYI its a brand new van not a DIY job. Just checking before i contact supplier.

Ever happened to you?

Prepping for a big trip. Giving the van a good once-over. Notice front tread is a couple mm lower than the rear… time for a last-minute tyre rotation.

I generally do so every 10k miles or so, but these are reaching the end. 3-4mm in most places. Keep them balanced and replace all four together soon.

C19D307E-16E2-42F7-B0D4-42AC8F4DF41B.jpeg

Got the new grill strips from Leighton vans albeit the wrong colours because they don't do florescent orange. I sprayed and glossed them. Now fitted. Also finished the front calipers in neon orange. Fitting the alloygators to the rims before I fit the new wheels on Saturday at work Also front mudflaps fitted. Before and after front pics. 20220501_172533.jpg20220524_195641.jpg

Got the new grill strips from Leighton vans albeit the wrong colours because they don't do florescent orange. I sprayed and glossed them. Now fitted. Also finished the front calipers in neon orange. Fitting the alloygators to the rims before I fit the new wheels on Saturday at work Also front mudflaps fitted. Before and after front pics. View attachment 157896View attachment 157897
Would love to see pictures of the front callipers in neon orange. I’ve got the whole orange accents theme going on with my van. Not done anything with the callipers yet.

Would love to see pictures of the front callipers in neon orange. I’ve got the whole orange accents theme going on with my van. Not done anything with the callipers yet.

Only got this pic as not putting alloys on till Saturday. The picture looks more red but you can see the red from the shockers behind.
20220524_195657.jpg

Fitted a Rib swivel to the passenger seat last night. Little fiddle lining all the holes up but got there in the end. Seems a sturdy bit of kit and little movement / noise when locked in the forward position. As others have previously highlighted release lever catches on the seat trim when its at the lowest setting. Planning on leaving for now, but might trim later....

Swivel.jpg

Swivel 2.jpg

Got the new grill strips from Leighton vans albeit the wrong colours because they don't do florescent orange. I sprayed and glossed them. Now fitted. Also finished the front calipers in neon orange. Fitting the alloygators to the rims before I fit the new wheels on Saturday at work Also front mudflaps fitted. Before and after front pics. View attachment 157896View attachment 157897
That orange really pops :inlove::inlove::inlove: - much more than the original orange :thumbsup:.

It looks like you've updated the orange on your badge too - is that right, or is that an optical illusion due to the tash?

That orange really pops :inlove::inlove::inlove: - much more than the original orange :thumbsup:.

It looks like you've updated the orange on your badge too - is that right, or is that an optical illusion due to the tash?
Cheers , Yeah I did the badge last week to see what the colour looked like. It's just standard florescent orange aerosol.

Cheers , Yeah I did the badge last week to see what the colour looked like. It's just standard florescent orange aerosol.
It may be more "rattle-can orange" than an official VW colour (they'd probably call it something like "burnt retina orange" :)), but it looks great and just what I'm looking for as the accent colour for my Pure Grey van.

Changed the disc and pads on one corner and painted the caliper orange (badly).0DEBE3C7-9C92-48C3-8699-6DFE556FDE0B.jpegLong story but lessons learned are:-
Grind the crap off the caliper and carrier while they are off the vehicle and degrease.
Replace disc and pads
Reassemble
Paint callipers.
I painted them separately off the vehicle, wasting ages in between coats, then messed them up when reassembling everything and especially when putting the retaining spring clip back on.

Back