What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I sound deadened the outer panels last week. These pictures may help. I left two top bolts in but loosened them. Slowly prised the inner skin off, need to carefull of the window mechanism on the bottom inside of the door which catches on the lip at the bottom. Loosening the top bolts allowed me to nudge the entire inner skin up a few mm and then the mechanism doesn’t catch. Finally used some trim tools to hold them apart for slightly easier access. Wear a long sleeve shirt the edges are sharp when putting the dodo mat inside!

View attachment 128185View attachment 128186View attachment 128187
The whole panel comes out quite simply!
Remove the round rubber grommets- wind the window down to expose the glass clamps and loosen- lift the window and wedge it - remove the lock (see online video) and with a bit of wiggle it’s off an no first aid /blood transfusion necessary.

Finally got round to fitting the ambient interior light kit as supplied by @saxoboy
Took me about an hour but I reckon if I had to do it again I could do it in half the time.
The longest part of the job for me was threading the yellow wire along the headliner, oh and spending about half an hour turning the garage upside down trying to find a Scotchlok.
Thanks to Matt for the kit and the excellent instructions, and also thanks to @Dellmassive for the LED bulb recommendation.

Finally got round to fitting the 'sounds like a Golf' additional door seals. It took all of 10 minutes. What a difference! Followed guidance given on here about passenger door position being different to driver's side, and no problems shutting doors. Just do it!

Finally got round to fitting the 'sounds like a Golf' additional door seals. It took all of 10 minutes. What a difference! Followed guidance given on here about passenger door position being different to driver's side, and no problems shutting doors. Just do it!
Where did you buy yours from?
I did it on my T6 and no problem with shutting. Cant remember where I bought them from. T6.1 from THQ and drivers door needs a decent slam to shut it.

Where did you buy yours from?
I did it on my T6 and no problem with shutting. Cant remember where I bought them from. T6.1 from THQ and drivers door needs a decent slam to shut it.
I got them here @Skyliner33: Carbuilder Can't remember whether I found them on here but it's very likely I did. I'm so chuffed - no problems at-all with doors shutting either side, and noticeably quieter (as well as the more satisfying 'clunk' on shutting).

Today I finished fitting my Kenwood head unit that was previously in my Nissan NV200.

PXL_20210829_100500699.jpg

Cannot justify a newer head unit yet as my AA Wireless box gives me wireless Android Auto which is pretty much what I need to keep me happy.

PXL_20210829_100553683.jpg

Ideally a head unit with two USB ports would be better for me as the AA Wireless constantly uses the only USB port at the moment, but I think I'll upgrade the speakers and add rear speaker plus a sub first.

PXL_20210829_100515944.jpg

Initially I was concerned about microphone placement, but the dash comes apart pretty easily to run wiring below.

All parts required to for the head unit and retail the rear parking sensors and steering wheel controls were supplied super quickly by @Absolut5 who was also very helpful when I required some information on a fitting issue I experienced.

Now I just need to find a new boot up image to replace the Nissan one!

PXL_20210829_103053869.jpg

Today I finished fitting my Kenwood head unit that was previously in my Nissan NV200.

View attachment 128644

Cannot justify a newer head unit yet as my AA Wireless box gives me wireless Android Auto which is pretty much what I need to keep me happy.

View attachment 128645

Ideally a head unit with two USB ports would be better for me as the AA Wireless constantly uses the only USB port at the moment, but I think I'll upgrade the speakers and add rear speaker plus a sub first.

View attachment 128646

Initially I was concerned about microphone placement, but the dash comes apart pretty easily to run wiring below.

All parts required to for the head unit and retail the rear parking sensors and steering wheel controls were supplied super quickly by @Absolut5 who was also very helpful when I required some information on a fitting issue I experienced.

Now I just need to find a new boot up image to replace the Nissan one!

View attachment 128647
Good job

Back