For Sale Ambient Cabin Overhead Lighting

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys,

I have these kits for sale, they are very easy to fit and transform your T6 Cabin. These easily fit a Highline or Kombi model, but can be made to fit other models with a little bit of alteration (just ask), they do not fit Caravelle’s as the light they are replacing is not the same size or shape.....they give an ambient red light from above as per many German car manufactures. I fitted one of these and it really has made driving in the dark, cool....even with H4 bulbs!...

I'm after £60.72p for a kit, which includes postage (they are brand new and it allows Hermes to collect)...it takes 30 mins to fit if you've taken your van apart before! maybe an hour if you haven't yet....I will send instructions as to what to do....really easy, apart from a wire you need to splice into near the light switch, these are PLUG & PLAY. (The lights that the kit come with are not white, they are the usual yellow lights)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, what's the effect of these - a red ambient glow at all times or do the switches control them somehow?

I picked up a feed from the ambient/ dash light switch thingy to allow me to dim these too

Great point @T6180, you're right, by fitting the kit to the light switch to the right of the steering wheel, allows it to dim with the dimming dial in the cab

This looks like a straight swap out for the existing unit, right? So fitting rather than cutting to fit?
So are the white bulbs easy to get hold of?

Hi @Sabre yep, straight swap out...absolutely nothing to cut...you're right, fitting nothing to cut mate

Ooh, do these fit the MK4 golf too?
Need blue LEDs in it for that tho...

Ooh, do these fit the MK4 golf too?
Need blue LEDs in it for that tho...

They do buddy, that's where the mod originated, by a chap called foxy iirc.

The red works quite well along side the blue.

Back