What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Stuck some of these on in gloss black: VW T6 Vinyl Gloss Side Repeater Premium Decals Volkswagen Transporter | eBay.
They went on easily enough but I didn't even bother to take a picture and they came off again after about 2 minutes - just thought they looked a bit carp / cheap. Matt black might have been a bit better but I think I'll just mark that particular experiment down as a £14 'learning opportunity'.

Last edited:
Broke the record for longest time fitting three sets of curtains, took me 6hrs. I wish I was joking.

Picked up some tips on the way to share. The kit I fitted was from Van-X, great quality curtains but that’s about it. If they just spent the time to make jigs to cut, bend and drill the rails it would be head and shoulders above the rest. Should really be classed as a universal kit really

Use a 2.5mm Milwaukee Thunderweb drill bit (Didn’t snap one and cut through everything like butter) I’ve heard of people snapping silly amounts of drill bits, not sure how but it’s worth checking the drill your using isn’t on hammer before starting

Ditch the screws that come with the curtains most use wood screws which just snap and are too long. I bought some 4.2mm self drilling metal screws from screw fix and were a perfect fit, again didn’t break any. The head fits nicely in the rail.

Always use a screw driver! It’s so easy to strip the holes using a impact gun with the sheet metal being so thin.

Use a 2.5mm drill for the poppers, I couldn’t find any smaller metal screws so had no choice to use the ones that came in the kit. I did try a smaller 2mm drill but it snapped the screw so stuck with the 2.5mm. Annoyingly you can see said broken screw in the photos.

Overall happy with the result just a shame how long it took, I am very specific about measurements etc so have no doubt you can do them much quicker. Van-X should really spend the time to develop the product so it’s a direct fit.

4FB5B2B1-A8D8-498E-9786-6CEF8982ED68.jpeg

9AE72195-EE38-4FC1-9E79-3E5255556453.jpeg

1C3CCDE8-D38F-4B1E-8F3A-6C883EFF4B02.jpeg

Mini table thing; this is what it looked like (ignore the screw holes, this is the back)

DSC_3236.JPG

And this is the top!

DSC_3237.JPG

It's not a Chippy's Tables finish, and a few bubbles in Northern Ireland, but for £15 it will do me.

@Paynewright OSO is good for you with your
“Oh So ‘Orrible” replies lol

seriously well done, I’ve registered for the auction and got my bid price sorted, if I get it I’ll sell
You NFA

Mainly sat on the A303 heading West, too many idjuts driving like loons, smashing their cars up and blocking the road...again!

Back