What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Today I carpet lined the other side of my van, can’t imagine what it would feel like having to peel it all off after trimming etc.

Oh wait I know exactly how it feels. I realised after doing the second side the first side I done was the wrong way round. So had the enjoyment of pulling it all back off and scrubbing all the glue and fluff off to then redo it!

It’s all fun and games…

Added a ‘150’W flexible solar panel and Victron 75/15 MPPT controller situated behind the drivers seat.

I say ‘150’ as in direct sunlight I’m really only seeing 100-105W

Just a little cable tidying to finish it off.

025DDEA9-D5E8-4BBE-A624-8A97C7E4D70D.jpeg

75877E6B-17A8-4690-BA7B-3F99260D1735.jpeg

10BD9607-90FE-469F-A182-275BC5006F09.jpeg

@S700. I've got to say that I admire your courage drilling holes in the van like that!
Haha thank you but tbh the roof isn’t an expensive one and the holes are drilled outside of the canvas.

For the cabling, I’ve gone through the grommets for where the tailgate hinges would be if it wasn’t a barn door van so I’ve not actually drilled the van itself :)

Haha thank you but tbh the roof isn’t an expensive one and the holes are drilled outside of the canvas.

For the cabling, I’ve gone through the grommets for where the tailgate hinges would be if it wasn’t a barn door van so I’ve not actually drilled the van itself :)
I was bricking it when I cut out a square in my tailgate to fit a reversing camera.

Finished up by adding some temporary lower ply panels to the barn doors.

These were previously carpeted full height panels and I had to peel ack the carpet, trim them down and re-stick the best I could.

You can just see one corner didn’t quite go to plan so had to patch it. I’ll be getting some new ones shortly.

Dog approved however.

9DF74FAA-0481-4DA0-93B1-E54C77624BD2.jpeg

241E66AD-4111-40F7-AA51-31A951EA7282.jpeg

Finished up by adding some temporary lower ply panels to the barn doors.

These were previously carpeted full height panels and I had to peel ack the carpet, trim them down and re-stick the best I could.

You can just see one corner didn’t quite go to plan so had to patch it. I’ll be getting some new ones shortly.

Dog approved however.

View attachment 124808

View attachment 124809
They look really great.

DSC_3215.JPG

Had water coming out of the door card on the passenger side, the van tilts slightly up on that side on the drive.

Deduced rain catching the deeper Focal replacement speakers.

Fortunately had one piece of sound deadening left, enough to create a drip cover over the back of the speaker.

And yes, I did do both sides just in case!

Installed buzzweld painted lower B pillars, waiting on upper B and A pillar suede covers.
Excitedly waiting patiently for them to turn up. Not really, want them last week.

Patience is certainly not my forte.
@Texxaco Just wondering how the Buzzweld painted surfaces are after a few months use?

Back