What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

No just night breakers for now.
Fair doos that’s what I have in mine currently, I want a white light really for the sidelights . I have lower grill led drl’s , and osram leds in the headlights for drl .
. the night breakers are still a very warm colour so tempted to change the side lights. Not sure if anyone has tried?

Good news the mot law changed at the end of March, you can now retro fit led bulbs to head lights to upgrade from halogen one catch of the vehicle was built prior to 1986 not being a kill joy but they are getting tougher and on testers the disaplinary points are racking up on things

I bought some multiflex brackets off ebay.de (grey) and then had them extended (black part) to make this. My friend cut out the wood on his CNC machine and the Mrs named the van ALBUS as she is a Harry Potter fan. And we drive a bus haha.
The mattress is a steefree made one.
20210502_121034.jpg20210502_121102.jpg20210502_121359.jpg20210502_122134.jpg

Waiting on the evo units and swell shades so conversion on a bottleneck. Ordered my vanshades screen cover (very excited about that when it arrives) and prepping for bike rack.
Uprated gas struts fitted (i have standard 900n if anybody wants them) and stripped the lettering off the back. PXL_20210502_110927587~2.jpgPXL_20210502_120838261~2.jpg

I recommend some zinc 182 primer and black ssmoothrite. If you were closer I could lend you some !
Ian

Haha. Appreciate the sentiment.

How smooth do you think these welds need to be? I’ve used an angle grinder to get them pretty flush, but not perfect. I guess they’re hidden below the trim and the floor.

The zinc based primer chemically helps prevent rust. Smooth hammerite just looks similar to body paint. If you have black hammerite a couple of thin coats will be fine. If pedantic just get an aerosol of colour mixed.

In its basic form, you’re just protecting the bare metal from rust. If its covered by trim / carpet then just use what you have / cheapest viable product.

Removed the bumper/grill to fit a led light bar.
I have h4 headlights and we all know how dim they are.
Made up some brackets so I can fit bar when available, out of stock till next week.
As my van is for travel this is a cheaper way for me to improve my lighting without getting led headlights.
Many utes and vans and 4wds in Australia have driving lights and light bars.
So far haven't broken any clips removing bumper, hopefully can refit without breaking stuff.20210503_143218.jpg

Back