What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

New cambelt & water pump done at SouthWest VW's on Friday - no photos as not that exciting but good service from them and I can sleep easier now! ;)

New cambelt & water pump done at SouthWest VW's on Friday - no photos as not that exciting but good service from them and I can sleep easier now! ;)
Great to see that you got your water pump replaced while they did your cambelt. Sensible.

Reactions: Sib
Many thanks... Useful to know about.... Did it go on OK... Guess you had to cut a long thin strip
Yes it went on fairly easily. The only niggle is that any moisture whatsoever will prevent it from sticking...the bottom strip tends to retain water behind it, which tripped me up on the first go

Well the front flaps didn't last long, one hanging off (the expanding rubber 'nut' has pulled out) and one bent back slightly. They do scuff on some speed bumps, guess that's the issue.

I've had two sets of those, both went the same way as yours. I replaced the last set with a different design which screws into the wheel arch liner. I think they look better as well.
Mind you the back flaps they came with didn't fit my barn door van.

I've had two sets of those, both went the same way as yours. I replaced the last set with a different design which screws into the wheel arch liner. I think they look better as well.
Mind you the back flaps they came with didn't fit my barn door van.

Yes I've tried the other type cheers but they rubbed the door.
Putting some 18's on for winter so may raise it up and it will eliminate the scraping issue.
I'm thinking of replacing the rubber expanding nut with a rivnut, or a better quality item.

Reactions: KR.
Stunning van Greyhead.
Upgrades for my T6 have started, first off are the seat swivel bases from Kiravans - the follow up email from Rob acknowledging it was my first order, offering help and assistance was so appreciated. To me it confirmed they were the right guys to deal with.

Well the front flaps didn't last long, one hanging off (the expanding rubber 'nut' has pulled out) and one bent back slightly. They do scuff on some speed bumps, guess that's the issue.
20201202_141608.jpg

And they're off....

Back