What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Thinking I may try a blue strip on the front grill, although not cheap if I don’t like it.
[/QUOTE]

@Texxaco just thought I’d respond to this comment...my red accents cost me the best part of £7 and is reversible in 5mins if I ever decide that I don’t like it....it was a DIY wrap job and I am actually pretty pleased with the result

Thinking I may try a blue strip on the front grill, although not cheap if I don’t like it.

@Texxaco just thought I’d respond to this comment...my red accents cost me the best part of £7 and is reversible in 5 mins if I ever decide that I don’t like it....it was a DIY wrap job and I am actually pretty pleased with the result
[/QUOTE]

Really, I thought they plastic snap over the original grill units. Now you have given me food for thought.

@Texxaco just thought I’d respond to this comment...my red accents cost me the best part of £7 and is reversible in 5 mins if I ever decide that I don’t like it....it was a DIY wrap job and I am actually pretty pleased with the result

Really, I thought they plastic snap over the original grill units. Now you have given me food for thought.
[/QUOTE]
There aren’t any plastic snap-on ones available for the 6.1 yet that I have been able to find, so painting and wrapping were my options...wrapping is non-invasive, instantly reversible and costs virtually nothing so became the obvious choice. Not sure how long it will last but going with it for now

The "Household Director" aka Wife doesn't like the ones where they go right across the front of the vans, she much prefers the strips where they are broken up by the number plate. That option is great on the 6.1 but not the 6.

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Stripped out the leisure battery setup so i can replace the CTEK with the Renogy unit In preparation for installing the solar on the roof. Added a couple of extra USB sockets in the back and put in a cable to act as the dedicated feed to the fridge.

Ran out of time so will be aiming to get the Renogy installed tomorrow or Friday along with a new slightly larger fuse panel. Need to spend a bit of time on it as I will be limited on where it can go by the length of the feed from the starter battery which is already in situ. The Renogy is a fair bit bigger than the CTEK.

Took the passenger seat out to run a cable across to the B pillar where i have installed a USB socket. Passenger seat is back in now And USB is all wired up at USB end (Forgot to take a photo).

3FD557F6-BE4A-4241-ADB7-5C2CAEFE2E27.jpeg6E7F412B-5652-4A74-836F-ADE42F141B02.jpegD9A81E3A-DA0C-4DAA-B505-9D146FAF75C2.jpeg

Back