What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Looks great, 2 questions. Did you use fabric dye on the headlining or cover it? Paint the plastics and A pillars or buy new ones? Top work
headling, A & B posts and sunvisors all Alcantara. I've sourced OEM black parts except for centre light surround plastic and A post grab handles they were painted

headling, A & B posts and sunvisors all Alcantara. I've sourced OEM black parts except for centre light surround plastic and A post grab handles they were painted
Thanks, do you have a link to the paint you used please?

I've got some of those crappy headlights that I keep reading about on here. Not even sure which ones I've got. I've toyed with the idea of Lazer lamps but later stumbled on some info on a product called Lanmodo Night Vision. Sounded a bit far fetched and we've all seen the poor grainy police video, but you-tube vids looked promising so I started to look for one. Unfortunately Amazon UK don't have them any more so I kind of gave up on the idea, didn't fancy the whole import from the states thing.
Next thing I know, one pops up on ebay and I bagged it. On receipt I found it had 2 mounting options but the screen mount wasn't viable due to screen angle so I tried the dash mount. Above instrument binnacle would have been good but too rounded for the mount, I had to go into construction mode and made a platform for the dashboard crater. The unit came with a mass of wiring which can't be shortened but the crater swallowed it all up out of sight apart from 50mm of the 12v supply.
See pics. Unfortunately I've not been able to do a night time test yet, but will sneak out one night and get some pics.
Fingers crossed.IMG_5838.jpgIMG_5839.jpg

Last edited:
Wrapped all my cables for the courtesy lights in Tessa tape, tedious but mildly cathartic.

How about draught excluder this ones 100mm wide, probably the closest you'll get Single Sided Adhesive Foam Tape Closed Cell Draught Excluder Door / Window | eBay The only other option i can find is from China using Ali Express. I know that Westfalia tow bar kits come with the foam your looking for but its only in 2 inch squares usually and unbranded
I actually considered using stick on draft excluder tape. even the narrow stuff would do the job, just a faff sticking it on rather than just sliding a cable through a preformed tube. I did find one option but didn't use in the end which was a cable anti rattle cover used by mountain bikers. I thought it was expensive for what it is. Something like this:

Good day and a half on the van .
Fitted Van x curtains, pleased with them . I normally avoid van x but went for their curtains as they have black rails and the material is good .

also made the obligatory under Kombi seat, drawer. Just waiting for the postman to deliver the runners.
151996CC-0FE6-4D9C-95B7-5D56F4F4D62D.jpeg86CC2EFF-9184-4768-9171-836DC710D00E.jpegD723D0CB-9DD4-4B83-A7B0-429BEEFB3944.jpeg

Got round to fitting the awning rail. Having tried the magnetic version once whilst on the Isle of Skye i had to find a solution. C2A367D5-9406-438E-B0A5-0FF01C8474A2.jpeg5DD1A521-1C52-4F90-8D41-2EE3654C689D.jpegFitted with 3/8 tap washers I had lying around and a bit of silicone to ensure water tight. Fitted inka seat covers

Got round to fitting the awning rail. Having tried the magnetic version once whilst on the Isle of Skye i had to find a solution. View attachment 66447View attachment 66448Fitted with 3/8 tap washers I had lying around and a bit of silicone to ensure water tight. Fitted inka seat covers

The same as my original plan before needing the pipe carrier.
It looks like it fits well @Westy78. Washers to make it sit nicer or to help waterproof?

Back