What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@DaveyB Fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 (Audi AO) 255/45 R19 Y (104 rated) Stick to the road like glue... :thumbsup:

@DaveyB Fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 (Audi AO) 255/45 R19 Y (104 rated) Stick to the road like glue... :thumbsup:
What is the speedo/ consumption readings like? Doing some calcs last night and that tyre has a 3.98m rolling circumference, whereas the Devonport on 215/60/17 has a circumference of 3.74m.
From what I can see there are only two load rated tyre options for the Cantera, the 255/45/19 or the 275/40/19, and the later has a circumference of 3.88m

What is the speedo/ consumption readings like? Doing some calcs last night and that tyre has a 3.98m rolling circumference, whereas the Devonport on 215/60/17 has a circumference of 3.74m.
From what I can see there are only two load rated tyre options for the Cantera, the 255/45/19 or the 275/40/19, and the later has a circumference of 3.88m

@DaveyB Speedo reads within 1 mph of GPS reading... More accurate than with the devonports which were around 5mph different than GPS speed reading.

I don't have any valuable fuel consumption data as I only had them fitted today. But my research led me to believe that 255/45/19 over the devonports had little bearing on fuel consumption.

On the other hand I did come across several people who saw a bigger decline in mpg with the 275/40 due to extra surface contact width... Which in the end kind of swayed my decision along with wanting a bit more sidewall...

Remember that fuel consumption has many contributing factors such as driving style, loaded weight, tyre pressures, etc etc... So can be subjective from one person to another... but either way both tyre options you mention will work ok with the speedo.

Fitted sidestep plates embossed with "Transporter" on side, drivers and passenger side doors.
Also a touch of customised T6 cushion;)

IMG_20200107_131948.jpg

IMG_20200107_091518.jpg

IMG_20200107_131935.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I like the side step covers... think that's going to be a purchase of mine soon... not sure whether to go with the caravelle ones or the ones you've fitted... I think that's the only two options i've seen available...

Nice, I like the side step covers... think that's going to be a purchase of mine soon... not sure whether to go with the caravelle ones or the ones you've fitted... I think that's the only two options i've seen available...
There is this version Chrome Door Sill Trim Covers Protectors To Fit Volkswagen T6 Transporter (2016+) but they don't have the added hard wearing foot grips that my version do.
Would recommend them for a next purchase, they look smart.
Mine are from Van X and have two options

I installed a center speaker on the dash top today.

It is fitted in the Van-X console (very nicely made!) and gets its signals from a small amplifier under the passenger seat. This JVC 2-channel amplifier has high-level inputs (with adjustable filters) connected through a (self-)modified ‘intermediate quadlock cable’ to the LF and RF speaker signals. The amplifier has ‘bridging mode’ meaning that a mixed signal is produced that is sent to the center speaker. A simple but very effective method to improve the standard sound of my Multivan. Obviously not real surround sound, but the sound is definitely ‘wider’ and ‘closer’.

With the help of the balance and fader settings of the head unit itself and the filters on the amplifier the sound can be optimized to personal preferences.

Just booked mine in for a ceramic coating, going in on Monday and they need the van for 3 days to give it a two stage polish then apply the Gtechniqe Serum Ultra. Looking forward to seeing the results

Just booked mine in for a ceramic coating, going in on Monday and they need the van for 3 days to give it a two stage polish then apply the Gtechniqe Serum Ultra. Looking forward to seeing the results
Had mine done with Gtechniqe couple of months ago and ppf the front can’t believe how easy she is to clean now

Back