What Have You Bought Today?

A pair of Quick Pop straps.

View attachment 174876

A lot neater than the previous 8 foot straps and they don’t fall on your head while driving!

View attachment 174877
I like how they have a hook that the buckle is fixed to so you can pull down on the roof to tighten it. The magnet in the end of the loose strap is a nice touch too, so it stays up out of the way.

They are not cheap but you do get 2 x 8 foot straps back to use on your roofrack!

WARNING - It is very easy to drive off without the roof being fastened down with these clips!

As we found out leaving the site today!

This is due to you not having two eight foot lengths of straps hanging down when they are not fastened. My wife lowered the roof and thought she would clip it down later. She forgot. I didn’t notice until it popped up on an A road!

WARNING - It is very easy to drive off without the roof being fastened down with these clips!

This is due to you not having two eight foot lengths of straps hanging down when they are not fastened. My wife lowered the roof and thought she would clip it down later. She forgot. I didn’t notice until it popped up on an A road!

Right. You need to employ some kind of reminder system ;)

I've stolen this idea from this thread. @Nige_g has used this simple, cheap and effective method and I LOVE it!!!

IMG_2599.jpeg

Right. You need to employ some kind of reminder system ;)

I've stolen this idea from this thread. @Nige_g has used this simple, cheap and effective method and I LOVE it!!!

View attachment 177865
As well as that, I now always walk around the van mainly to check the roof (A while back, despite the reimo having plastic strips at the rear sides, helping the canvas to fold inwards, one went out slightly instead - I had to cut some acrylic up as that subsequently broke the acrylic strip) so now I check that nothing is sticking out and also do a physical lift at each corner. It takes only a minute and potentially save a lot of heartache later!
Shame I didn't take more care next to a carriageway divider in France!

I have always found the wheel lock bar not being money well spent. Am I wrong? Shall I get one?

@Crazymind Purely a visual deterrent i.e the first layer. I'm under no illusion that if someone really wants the van, a steering wheel lock isn't going to stop them, but hopefully it will delay them for a few mins and they're going to have create some noise to remove it. My thinking is if a thief cases two vans - one with a steering lock and one without - then they are more likely to target the one without as it's one less obstacle to them nicking it. I will also be adding other, less visible, security layers. It's the first time I've used a steering wheel lock in my life, but it's also the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned in my life!

Non-van related :whistle:

Have cut my own hair for about 25 years and had my latest set of clippers for about 10 years. They died halfway through my monthly number 0 trim last night - luckily was working from home today so can finish it off when they arrive later :slow rofl:

3F2D9C3E-B0C9-431C-A933-7250EEA47C5C.jpeg

Non-van related :whistle:

Have cut my own hair for about 25 years and had my latest set of clippers for about 10 years. They died halfway through my monthly number 0 trim last night - luckily was working from home today so can finish it off when they arrive later :slow rofl:

View attachment 177993
A few years ago, I was trimming my beard from a quite long short beard to a number one just before I was due to go and deliver a training course. The clippers broke halfway through and had no spare and it was so obvious. I had to hack away at my beard with a normal wet shave razor. It took forever removing long hair and my beard was then gone!

@t6blo. I've had the Li-on rechargeable version of those clippers for a while now and they're excellent for a number 1 every fortnight. I've also found that they hold their charge very well when we're away on longer trips. Never needed them do more that two cuts without a charge though I suspect might be good for another one at least.
@Nige_g. I've never got on with beards and only ever grew them when on ops and it was a necessity to let the bloody things fungus my face up. As soon as I was back in civilisation, off it came. Nowadays and retired, I let shaves go to every 3 or 4 days after which my Mrs starts complaining about my 'tramp face' as she calls it.

Finally received and fitted my transporter hq led headlamps to my t6.1. Easy fit, 45 minutes all in and really pleased with them
Could you give a brief account of what’s involved with this change. Hopefully no front bumper removal ?
Thanks

Could you give a brief account of what’s involved with this change. Hopefully no front bumper removal ?
Thanks
Unfortunately it does mean removing the front bumper but that is just 10 minute job. Then a few bolts to loosen on the plastic frame behind then out they come. Dead simple and doable

Back