What Have You Bought Today?

Just bought a rear spoiler, rear door grab handle and a rear bumper protector all black. The third bumper protector is coming today, the first had a small dent in it, the second was the wrong colour. The company I bought them from doesn't want them back so I'll tap the dent out and sell that with the wrong colour one . Bargain.

Did you get 4 or 5? I do not know if a spare would fit under the back or not at that size? I know that the holder can be played with to allow larger than standard and the Seikel do their own larger carrier for underneath at a price.

Did you get 4 or 5? I do not know if a spare would fit under the back or not at that size? I know that the holder can be played with to allow larger than standard and the Seikel do their own larger carrier for underneath at a price.
I got 4. A friend of mine got some similar wheels for his van and I asked him about the spare. Apparently it should be okay to use the standard spare as long as there are two identical wheels on the driven wheels. If anyone knows definitely better that would be good to know

I got 4. A friend of mine got some similar wheels for his van and I asked him about the spare. Apparently it should be okay to use the standard spare as long as there are two identical wheels on the driven wheels. If anyone knows definitely better that would be good to know
better than a space-saver! or, worse, a tin of gunk instead of a spare wheel!

I’m pretty sure that the wheels don’t have to be identical, I think it’s all about the rolling radius.

This is true but space savers are speed limited, with a full size but different spare it depends on if its 4 motion or FWD and what you will be doing with the spare fitted, assuming its FWD then if you’re driving across Europe then I would want the rolling circumference to be very similar (within 2 or 3%) on the front axle, If you’re nipping to the shops/picking the kids up from school for a few days then dont get too worked up about it. On the rear it wont matter as long as the tyre size isn’t significantly different but even then its more about stability.

On a 4motion, I would apply the same rules when pottering but over distance always try to put the spare on the rear if possible and be a little more conscious about the size difference.

obviously, from a legal perspective you would want sizes to be the same across the axles.

Today so far:
Double sleeping bags - Go-Outdoors
2 California Matress toppers - Go-Outdoors

Door Seals - VeeDub Transporters
Front carpet from UKcarmarts.

Full front gloss black grills -ACC- from Travelin Lite.

More to follow probably.
o_O

DSC_2209.JPG

Euro Car Parts

Black Friday prices make them competitive with other online suppliers, otherwise I would look elsewhere!

3rd bumper protector came also dented, company refunding my money and told me to keep all three, dents are out and up for sale on a local site.

Back