What Have You Been Listening To Today?

If you have a reasonable listening set up but want to make it sound a bit/lot more full fat then this youtube offering from Dire Straits gets my dining room doors rattling in time to the lower frequencies... I suspect there is a ton of boost at either end of the audio spectrum and obviously YT audio compression but the stripped back airy sound gives the impression of a much wider dynamic range.
That's the CD / track I've used for over 20 years now in more or less every car I've owned (plenty) when fine tuning the stereo to my liking :)

Jean Michel Jarre concerts in China, loud in the car on the way through the snow... Awesome recording with a big soundstage. Reminds me of seeing him live at Docklands.

Jean Michel Jarre concerts in China, loud in the car on the way through the snow... Awesome recording with a big soundstage. Reminds me of seeing him live at Docklands.
Jeekers! That’s going back a bit now - when he played the lasers with asbestos gloves?!!

Ha ha ha! Yeah, there was a good reason for the gloves in the 80's. Lasers were unknown and mainly experimental. But yeah, that was going back a bit

On the drive down to absolute5, mainly Suzanne Vega cos it was too damned early for anything else.

Some of my favourite tunes from today

Paolo Nutini - Iron sky
Sam Fender - Get you down
Biffy Clyro - The jokes on us

Back