What Can You Not Do Without!

Forrest4799

T6 Pro
Hi, looking at buying a T28. What compromise can you not have a van without.
We’re very interested in one particular van but it has no diesel heater...can you live without it or not.
What is the 1 extra you can’t live without.

It depends on what you want to use the van for. As a camper, my diesel heater is worth every penny.

Also, for me, Highline trim is essential. Cruise, Air Con, Heated Screen, Fogs, MFD etc etc.

Soft closing/locking side door (power latching). If you don't have it it's very hard to close from the outside because of the trapped air inside... and even harder if your closing when your in the van. Don't take my word, try some vans with all doors and windows shut. Don't go with the self closing side door.. too poncy for its own good.

Get automatic folding wing mirrors.. They are actually hard work to fold manually and because they stick out so far you always want to fold them.

Up grade the headlights to at least the h7's. The h4's which they normally come with are useless. EVERYBODY hates them.

We also got twin single swivel seats. So cheap when ordering with a new van compared with retro fit.

Good luck with your purchase

Hi, looking at buying a T28. What compromise can you not have a van without.
We’re very interested in one particular van but it has no diesel heater...can you live without it or not.
What is the 1 extra you can’t live without.
I wouldn’t be without our webasto, but we spend a lot of time off grid in the Alps skiing. We could manage without, if we were “Fairweather” campers. If you spend most of your time on campsites with EHU, then a £10 fan heater is a better bet.
We’ve carried a Porta Potti around for the 3 years we’ve owned the van & never used it.
Leccy kettle is a must when on EHU.
Oh! and VB air suspension is the one thing I wouldn’t give up

In colder temp's a heater of some sort is pretty much essential or you'll just be miserable. What sort depends on what sort of camper you are (off grid/summer only/ campsite user with electric hook up etc) we love ours but will be useless in hot summer. Essential for colder times.

Not fussed about LED headlights, but am fussed about the cold

Have you driven a T6 with H4 headlights in the dark?
If you're never going to drive in the dark, you're right. Otherwise.....I hope the streets are well lit where you drive!

And my "what can you not do without" is Heated windscreen, who wants to scrape ice (if you can reach the middle of the screen, i can't,) when you can press a button and wait a minute.

As this thread shows, everyone is different.
Diesel heater can be added easily at any point.
LED headlight that most say are essential cant be added unless you have 3k under your pillow.
Therefore choosing a van with the hard to add modifications could be a better option.

Thanks for replies...must admit thinking about it EHU with a cheap heater will be fine, to be honest didn’t know about the headlights being a problem!

Webasto heater.
I send it a text 30 mins before I'm due to leave the house and the van is toasty warm. Also wild camped last weekend and it made it a much more pleasurable experience.
I use mine mainly as a day van/office so the Webasto is great for keeping the van warm when I'm working inside it.

Thanks for replies...must admit thinking about it EHU with a cheap heater will be fine, to be honest didn’t know about the headlights being a problem!
Also look at an electric blanket. Aldi have them in now & then, we paid £20 for ours.

As most people above !
LEDs
Heated screen
Air con
Folding mirrors
Power latching side door/ tailgate
LPG night heater
Solar panel
Vb air

The headlight issue is real, there are several very lengthy threads on here about it, it’s one of the most talked about issues. The LED headlights are fantastic, the standard H4 headlights are appalling. The first time you drive an H4 headlight T6 in the dark you might wonder if you even have your lights on! I would sacrifice many options on one of these vans if I were to buy another, but LED headlights would be a must have for me.

Back