Welcome new members

Hi. Joined the forum April 28th. Had a 4 berth Devon Conversion T2 from 1987 until 1999 when 2A and 3C had outgrown the space available. Now the 3 kids are grown up and my wife and me are now both retired and so we spent the lump sum on a converted T6 Highline (T28 102) mid-January of this year. Besides driving the vehicle home to the West Midlands from Lancashire and a few local trips it has frustratingly sat on the drive awaitng our first camping outing. I've visited the forum several times and read threads of interest and I have been impressed by the helpfulness of members towards each other with their experise.

Hi All. Been watching and learning from the forum for a year now and decided it was time to join. What a fantastic friendly and knowledgeable lot you are. TBH your technical and practical skills are intimidating to one who is happy to leave so much of it to the experts. I bought a low mileage silver 2015 T30 102 LWB a year ago and had a great conversion job done by VW-Transporters near me in Henfield. Happy to post some pics when the rain stops and it has had a bit of a clean! Did quite a few trips last summer/autumn and was planning to be on my way to Greece for a couple of months right now....but things appear to have a little bit difficult right now! Hopefully the trip is just delayed until early autumn and I remain optimistic so have booked some campsites in the Gower and Cornwall for late July/August.

Hi All
Im not a VW owner as yet, but looking for our first which we have now decided will be a T6, so hence why i have joined your Forum.
Still can't decide whether to buy converted or to convert ourselves. I don't want to ask questions that have probably been asked many times before, so I will be busy trawling the forum for a while. But I'm sure I will have many questions, so be prepared.

Thanks Guys

Hi All
Im not a VW owner as yet, but looking for our first which we have now decided will be a T6, so hence why i have joined your Forum.
Still can't decide whether to buy converted or to convert ourselves. I don't want to ask questions that have probably been asked many times before, so I will be busy trawling the forum for a while. But I'm sure I will have many questions, so be prepared.

Thanks Guys
Welcome @Woody256 you've definitely come to the right place. There are pages and pages of information regarding exactly what you are seeking. Get busy with the search function, there's enough material to get you through at least the next fortnight of lockdown.

Hi All. Been watching and learning from the forum for a year now and decided it was time to join. What a fantastic friendly and knowledgeable lot you are. TBH your technical and practical skills are intimidating to one who is happy to leave so much of it to the experts. I bought a low mileage silver 2015 T30 102 LWB a year ago and had a great conversion job done by VW-Transporters near me in Henfield. Happy to post some pics when the rain stops and it has had a bit of a clean! Did quite a few trips last summer/autumn and was planning to be on my way to Greece for a couple of months right now....but things appear to have a little bit difficult right now! Hopefully the trip is just delayed until early autumn and I remain optimistic so have booked some campsites in the Gower and Cornwall for late July/August.
Pictures attached. I wanted to keep it light inside and very happy with the result.

1588258679307.png1588258712256.png

20190627_160016.jpg

Thanks CAB. Its heavy duty domestic flooring. I liked the lighter grey finish which I thought worked with the van colour and even the wood units.

Hi guys, just introducing myself. I'm Chris, I just bought a 2016 T6 4 motion 180 eu5. I will be converting the rear (currently kombi seats) to sort sort of camper.

Thanks already for all the access to very useful threads and hope to investigate more of the forum.

View from my CCTV, just sold the T5 so can concentrate on the T6.

IMG_20200419_151421.jpg

Hi All, Thanks for letting me join :). I have recently purchased a very tired and dirty 2014 T5.1 Shuttle. I'm busy cleaning her up to my ocd standards these last few weekends while on lockdown. The what have you done to your van and what have you bought threads have been keeping me enthralled. I have a long way to go when I look at all your stunning vans. But I am enjoying it so far.

Hi,
First post, will probably mess it all up , but.. get used to it, it takes me a while ! :D

Best laid plans of mice and men and all that.. I retire the end of this month and by now should have a nice van outside which I could happily cut holes in, and fit all sorts of magickery.. I tried this lark last October for a week touring Wales in a rental and loved it..

Of course the Covid19 came along and scuppered all the driving about educating and informing myself. Not sure what to do do now, convert one or buy one already converted. All depends when I can go about looking. The company wheels will go soon, but I do have motorbikes, although bringing a complete kitchen set home on one might be tricky :laugh:

So, I'll be researching in the forums on all the usual stuff i guess, how to build/buy, best insurance and all that and I'm hearing the DVLA are being a tad silly too. Big surprise.

Apologies to you all in advance for being a pest with all the questions I'll be slinging about soon :)

Pete

Hi folks...just joined and have already posted requests for help with my Caravelle 2012...which are swiftly being responded to with expert advice from established members...so thankful to have access to and support from so many knowledgeable and expert great guys (and gals) on this forum. Cheers....

Should of added, I've already found the forum to be a great help. A few weeks after buying the van, I noticed the fan wouldn't work on anything other than number 4. Quick search on the forum and found the fix. £8 for a new heater fan resistor and bosh, its working again. Cheers Gents!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums
Hi Pauly

another newby and the proud owner of a 2015 t6

now the fun starts with a professional conversion in the next few months

cheers derek

Hope this post is the right place..
As I said previously, Covid19 messed about my plans to view and purchase a van to convert, (or possibly just buy one as time is now somewhat shorter). I watched the news tonight about the 'changed focus' as of today and still am not sure if I can actually go and visit, to see what I am buying.
I was assuming not even though on a cycle ride t'other day, I want past a car dealer that was very much open for business and yet according to all the car websites the most they promise is you can buy off a webpage and they will deliver it.
Also I messaged a conversion company from ebay who told me travelling to buy one of theirs was included in the legislation.

Just wondering what everyone else's take is on it all ?

Pete

Hello everyone. We don't yet own a T6 but with twins on the way in the next 3 weeks with our other 2 kids, we need the room and relative comfort of a Shuttle! Have read a few of the threads and have found it nothing but informative and exceptionally friendly. This is a place and forum I want to be part of! Our initial plans are to source a T6 Shuttle and then complete so minor mods to make it ours. Longer term, this will be the base of a camper conversion and race base for my missus who is an England ultra runner (100km) with sights on the World champs....once the twins have arrived that is.
Thank you in advance for your help in any of my random questions and queries, but I promise to have a good trawl through the existing threads before asking anything too obvious!

Back