Welcome new members

Good evening, just joined and it’s my first post so probably writing in the wrong place

I currently have a 2012 T32 LWB for work which I purchased new and it’s been a fantastic van, finally decided to get another new one.
Literally about to order a T32 LWB DSG in pure grey, the 2 things I can’t decide on are:
- tail gate or barn doors
and
- 150 or 199.
My current van has barn doors and it’s a 140 manual.
vw said the 199 is more juicy than the 150 which makes sense but I do carry a lot of weight (heating engineer so my van is completely full the whole time) saying that my 140 copes very well, are there any obvious improvements over having the 199 or for that matter any downsides?

Regarding the rear doors, I much prefer the look of the tailgate and I know they are more desirable but worry that needing the extra space behind to open and also not being able to pile stuff up behind one closed door may get annoying for me.
Can anyone share their experience with this being a tradesman.
many thanks.

Hi everyone. I currently have a combi sport line 08 I’m thinking of converting. I've been looking at crafters too. Put off by price and price of conversion. I’ve had my van since new,so kind of makes sense in a lot of ways to convert. I’ve only around 40000 miles on the clock. Looking forward to the forum:cool::waving:

Hi
New here; been a T5.1 owner for 3 years, converted it ourselves to camper van. Recently sold in order to upgrade to T6 and address everything we've learned in 3 years of ownership and use as race transporter, family camper and all round brilliant do-everything vehicle.

So, there's a Starlight Blue T6 T32 incoming, with 204bhp, DSG, cruise control, twin electric sliders, electric tailgate, LED headlights, factory towbar etc etc etc!
It's a keeper this one, hence the spec.
Got a house refurb on the go and the family will not be happy if I don't finish that before starting the conversion of the T6, so in the meantime I can plan what to do.
T5.1 camper spec included West Dubs pop top, Webasto diesel heater, EvoMotion cupboards, gas, water etc and Victron electronics, inverter and battery charger for hookup. 20" Hawke wheels and coilovers,

T6 will be similar spec, but currently undecided on pop top.
Electrics will have larger inverter this time and solar panel on roof
Water will be underslung tanks this time, instead of inside the van.
Might even add hot water and shower
Almost certainly evomotion cupboards again.

Hi
New here; been a T5.1 owner for 3 years, converted it ourselves to camper van. Recently sold in order to upgrade to T6 and address everything we've learned in 3 years of ownership and use as race transporter, family camper and all round brilliant do-everything vehicle.

So, there's a Starlight Blue T6 T32 incoming, with 204bhp, DSG, cruise control, twin electric sliders, electric tailgate, LED headlights, factory towbar etc etc etc!
It's a keeper this one, hence the spec.
Got a house refurb on the go and the family will not be happy if I don't finish that before starting the conversion of the T6, so in the meantime I can plan what to do.
T5.1 camper spec included West Dubs pop top, Webasto diesel heater, EvoMotion cupboards, gas, water etc and Victron electronics, inverter and battery charger for hookup. 20" Hawke wheels and coilovers,

T6 will be similar spec, but currently undecided on pop top.
Electrics will have larger inverter this time and solar panel on roof
Water will be underslung tanks this time, instead of inside the van.
Might even add hot water and shower
Almost certainly evomotion cupboards again.
Hi ...Welcome ...you already know all the questions.....As not being a newbie to vans as I was ..but soon learnt...Expensive :inlove:
mines the same van ( day van only ) ....just love it :thumbsup:

Hi,

After many many years of prevaricating, (with my daughter old enough to not want to be involved) we finally bought a T6 today (with a Redline conversion). I don't pick it up for a little while, so will probably miss this summer, but hopefully will get enough time to try and work out all the things I need and what to do.

Looking forward to some fun times as we hopefully move out of these crazy times.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi, great choice, got myT6 through redline last year and any very pleased with it. Turns heads where ever we go! What colours did go for, can’t wait to see some pics. Cheers

Hi, great choice, got myT6 through redline last year and any very pleased with it. Turns heads where ever we go! What colours did go for, can’t wait to see some pics. Cheers

I went for white, with some red/black detailing. Inside was black cupboards, red highlighting with the red counter top. Slightly safe entry into the T6 world I know, but can't wait to get her - now need to think of a name :)

d9d52f80-8c6f-4e53-9fa3-da79028749dd.jpg

Looks absolutely fantastic, I know when I ordered mine I couldn't wait to get her and I wasn't disappointed.... Enjoy

Hi T6 Forum, loads of interesting content on this site. I feel the members and information on this forum are going to an invaluable reference over the next few years. I was looking to see if I could post in the wanted section to offer a double bench front seat to single passenger seat swap but I don't seem to have the correct privileges to post there. could someone please tell me why so I can getting busy reaching out to the VW T6 community please.

Hi Everyone! I have a silver 150 kombi with dsg, captains seats And led headlights .
Although I’ve had it since new In December 17 as I company vehicle I finally get to retire it now ready for conversion.
First job hopefully will be the pop top Initially I was set on a Hilo but am now considering the skyline due to the positive feedback.
other plans are m1 bed, retrim of front seats to match the bed, cupboards, 20” wheels and tyres, Lowered suspension Blistien hopefully. I would also like mains hook up and a split charge system, paddleshift steering wheel, Ecu and dsg remaps. Along list I know but I intend to keep this one so no rush.

Back