Welcome new members

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums
Hello,
Another new member don't know what I'm doing as this is my first ever forum and post.
I purchased a camper conversion from VW-Transporters and picked it up in February it's lovely.
It a T6 T30 2.0 TDI EU6 150ps Highline DSG
A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums
Hello,
This is my first post on any forums have been viewing the forum for a while and decided to join on Sunday after gaining some very useful information from the experts here.
I purchased a Indium Grey T6 T30 2.0 TDI EU6 150ps Highline DSG and it was converted to a camper by VW-Transporters in Henfield.
I picked it up in February but on 17th March I was informed to isolate for 12 wks so it's been sitting on the drive (so will send photo once cleaned).
I look forward to being apart of this group and gaining knowledge from all the experts.

Hello All,

I'm currently waiting on a new Caravelle being built by the good folks at Volkswagen. 11 weeks since I placed the order and I'm hoping not long now till I get a build date.

It'll be my daily driver as well as weekend fun machine - Fingers crossed we have a good summer and we get some motorsport events starting up!

Scott.

Hi all just joined up as a VIP member. Bought an 18 plate T6 SWB startline a couple of weeks ago. Lock down has been kind to me and it's fully insulated, sound proofed, and first fit of the electrics in place to the drivers seat. Pop top and windows booked in for a couple of weeks.

Hi everyone, just bought a 19 plate transport for conversion to a camper from Liverpool Commercial VW, good price and pick up next week. Local to me and couldn’t face a long drive to hunt down a van that isn’t what was advertised..
Insurance sorted with Brentacre for fully covered build. Let them know every time I make a change, no cost to amend covered for £35k.
Just ordering windows from Kiravans and sorting out some ply sheeting from a local timber merchant.
Plan is for an Austops roof, evomotion units and hoping to get a Caravelle rail system and fit a seat/ bed to that.
I’ll post some photos as I go.

Hi everyone, just bought a 19 plate transport for conversion to a camper from Liverpool Commercial VW, good price and pick up next week. Local to me and couldn’t face a long drive to hunt down a van that isn’t what was advertised..
Insurance sorted with Brentacre for fully covered build. Let them know every time I make a change, no cost to amend covered for £35k.
Just ordering windows from Kiravans and sorting out some ply sheeting from a local timber merchant.
Plan is for an Austops roof, evomotion units and hoping to get a Caravelle rail system and fit a seat/ bed to that.
I’ll post some photos as I go.

You'll need to let us know how the handover goes - In my mind, I'm picturing a bloke standing half-way across the car park shouting at you, trying to explain what all the buttons do and how to pair your bluetooth. :D

I've ordered my van through VW Vans Liverpool so I am genuinely interested on how it's done these days.

Sure, supposed to be picking up the backend of next week. Delays in the workshops due to corona and staffing limits. I could of done with it this week but hopefully the weather improves for next week and I may start cutting the windows!
Throughout the purchase I was sat 2 metres away and during my look over the van he kept his distance, didn’t bother with a test drive.
I’ll let you know how the actual handover goes.

Hi joined the site a couple of weeks ago and have just managed to sort some photos of my van. Brought it back at the end of last summer, it’s a T6 LWB SLine TDI T28. Converted by Redline. Am totally new to the Transporter life, absolutely loving it but am a complete novice! Will probably be asking some completely dumb questions so please bear with me. Cheers

Think they are 18inch DRC wheels. As I mentioned am bit of a novice to all this, have always wanted a VW since I lived on the north coast of Cornwall for 5 years, last summer the dream became a reality when I saw this van. Am looking to get it remapped in the near future to give her a bit more power and improve the mpg. image.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Newbie..:waving: after years of procrastinating I finally plucked up the courage to spend a small fortune on a van 67 Trendline SWB:grin bounce:.. some modifications already done 20" wolfrace alloys, side bars, front spoiler, windows and insulated/carpeted in the rear. Plan to start doing the camper conversion beginning with a Reimo pop top?? anyone have any thoughts on the type of pop top or is it all down to personal preference?

You'll need to let us know how the handover goes - In my mind, I'm picturing a bloke standing half-way across the car park shouting at you, trying to explain what all the buttons do and how to pair your bluetooth. :D

I've ordered my van through VW Vans
Liverpool so I am genuinely interested on how it's done these days.

Pickup day arrived, just collected.
The process differed only in that I looked around it, no explanation of how it works as I already own a VW Tiguan so familiar with the layout. Paperwork as normal then off I went.

Great to finally have a van after years of thinking about it. Loads of kit arriving daily and starting later ripping out the ply lining and start the sound deadening and insulation.

I’ll post some pics when I get 5 minutes

Hi everyone, I purchased my first ever VW Camper last night and i cannot wait to get it home from the dealership and start using it.
Look forward to getting some inspiration from you lot. Me, my girlfriend and little girl are looking at all the accessories available, think i need to rob a bank :confused:

Back