There should be a 17 pin red plug under your drivers seat ,which is the loom from the from the auxiliary heater .my kit instructions are for a left had drive .I think you only have 3 wires to connect when it is clamatronic .
The remote turns the heater on ,then a short delay the the dash fan will turn on and blow warm air at the windscreen .

Thanks @carlg, I'll take a look. Much appreciated.

@carlg does your kit come with the W-BUS interface you need to connect your computer to in order the flash the software on the USB stick onto the heater?

I have been doing some research, and planning to get it done at some point. I also have to do some digging as the red connector is hidden in my sub enclosure by the looks of things..

@carlg does your kit come with the W-BUS interface you need to connect your computer to in order the flash the software on the USB stick onto the heater?

I have been doing some research, and planning to get it done at some point. I also have to do some digging as the red connector is hidden in my sub enclosure by the looks of things..
Hi @PenfoldE6 no it doesn't come with the flash tool ,I got one off ebay for £68 if you are interested I will put a link on .
There are two ways the red connector is wired ,one has wbus wire in it and the other doesn't . I think up to 2016 wbus wire is in the connector block after that you have to plug the wbus wire from the kit directly in to the heater

Thanks! Can you put the link up for the kit and the interface please?

I will take a look as I believe the W-BUS signal wire to the heater is in pin one of the red plug under the seat.

Is yours Climatronic? Let me know how you get on with yours as once I have paid the January credit card this is next on my list :)

Thanks! Can you put the link up for the kit and the interface please?

I will take a look as I believe the W-BUS signal wire to the heater is in pin one of the red plug under the seat.

Is yours Climatronic? Let me know how you get on with yours as once I have paid the January credit card this is next on my list :)
This is for the flash tool
Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292354451475

If you look at my post on page one there is a link to the kit .
My van has climate a/c ,there is a bit more work to the wiring .

Hi @Chris You'll , i'm personally not willing to spend that kind of money on a Telestart kit without some firm evidence it will work. I made inquiries to Webasto on two separate occasions, both times speaking with different people on the technical support line. They assured me the auxiliary water heater fitted on our vans is an OEM version, and that their Telestart kit is most unlikely to work, basically even though it says Webasto on the part it may as well say Volkswagen. I've decided we're stuck with it as VW intended, unless anyone on this forum can provide some pretty solid advice on the procedure they followed. In hind site, the mistake was to order both heaters.

So, I use my simple workaround which works quite a treat...... basically in subzero conditions and all iced up, I start the engine 5 minutes before I drive off, stick the front defrost on, then lock with the spare key. The Webasto auxiliary heater does its thing, and rapidly heats the water coolant. Not ideal but at least it is free. The next best thing would be if someone could invent a solution that did the same as this off a remote.

In hind-site, I recommend to all people considering ordering the extra heater options... just order the auxiliary water coolant heater from the factory - you can then use it off the remote and timer and enjoy warm air from your vents as soon as you jump in and have your windscreen defrosted for you by the warm air. If you need an additional air heater (e.g. for overnight), then fit this as aftermarket, with all the whistles and bells options you require.

@Jimmy T6 , just reading back through all the previous comments and doing a bit of research and I think @Loz was spot on by adding the controller only and coding to suit our intended use them we would have the same system as @mmi.

NEW OEM Webasto Telestart T91R LIN 5Q0963513A / 5Q0 963 513 A kit with VW Remote | eBay

Good day. Tell me, is it possible to convert the heater into a full heater, using the remote control Webasto Telestart T91R LIN 5Q0963513A / 5Q0 963 513 a ? What do I need to do, do I need to use any ADDITIONAL VCDs encodings?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heater. I want to retrofit it into a full-fledged heater with Telestart Webasto T91R LIN 5Q0963513A / 5Q0 963 513 A

I have heater. I want to retrofit it into a full-fledged heater with Telestart use Webasto T91R LIN 5Q0963513A / 5Q0 963 513 A

@united have you just got the auxiliary heater or have you hot the timer in the roof console .

Changed the software of the control unit Webasto. No ceiling timer. The heater is started from the universal remote Webasto Т91. I want to run it from the remote transmitter 3Q0 963 513. Is that possible? If Yes how?

Changed the software of the control unit Webasto. No ceiling timer. The heater is started from the universal remote Webasto Т91. I want to run it from the remote transmitter 3Q0 963 513. Is that possible? If Yes how?
Is this the same as your remote control

15445576206502111369976.jpg

Exactly the same. I heard that it is possible to run the heater from the OEM remote T91lin from VW T6. Do you have such information?

I tried. It doesn't work for me(. May need some additional coding VCDS? The signal protocols of these consoles are different.

Back