thankyou for your details.
I have exactly same equipment and was just about to flash the heater using dongle... but would prefer to keep "standard" if possible.
Is there any other way to update firmware? i have both vcds and vcp, or does it have to be ODIS?
Where did you get firmware from?

Thanks in advance

HI Thanks for this.
I have a question, I flashed via VCP and seemed to be fine.
VCDS doesn't like talking to module anymore though.
When vieiwing address 18 in VCP i can see the Telestart as a slave module, and if i pull out the cable to the telestart, then it comes up with error codes as expected.
I also get oppportunity to connect the keyfob and this seems fine too.
However.
Pressing button on keyfob still doesn't start the unit.
I used to be able to start unit from in VCP/VCDS under the customer test option, but it now says "can't do it due to safety reasons" i'm guessing because of constant error message - see below.
I now have 2 codes, the 1st won't wont clear, which are :

VAG no. : 7E0963272B
Coding : 5901
SW version : 0009
DTC : 266($00010A):09 (U112100) Databus missing message
DTC : 48($000030):09 (B10A015) Fresh air blower activation, front

I think second code is due to me not finishing the wiring to the blower pin5 yet, this message disappears if set from Direct to CAN option.

But, the first message for more info says "mdachdisplay timeout" ??? Do i need to turn something else on/off in the coding so its not looking for a display?

Thanks in advance for any help

J

managed to connect to vcds to give:

Thursday,31,October,2019,20:25:50:04368
VCDS Version: Release 19.6.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com
Thursday,31,October,2019,20:26:54:04368
VCDS Version: Release 19.6.1 (x64)
Address 18: Aux. Heat
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 963 272 B
Component and/or Version: STH-T5GP2 003 0009
Software Coding: 5901
Work Shop Code: WSC 02737
VCID: 2B0306B58384215F4FB-807E

Advanced Identification/FAZIT
Identification: WOS-000
Date: 07.09.16
Manufacturer number: 4830
Test stand number: 9534
Flash Status
Programming Attempts(application): 1/1/1
Flash Date: 00.00.00
Misc.
Hardware number: 7E0 963 273 A
Workshop System Name: J364
Equipment/PR Code: 000000000000000000000000
Dataset Number: -----------
Dataset Version: ----
ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2
ASAM Dataset Revision: 001013
VCDS Info:
Labels: 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2.rod

Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 273 A
Work Shop Code: WSC 02737 790 50316
ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2 001013 (VN75)
ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2.rod
Fault Codes have been Erased

1 Fault Found:
0266 - Databus
U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
[TIMEOUT mDachdisplay]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 169
Mileage: 38358 km
Date: 2035.14.02
Time: 20:24:58

Operating condition of parking heater: System malfunction
Coolant temperature of parking heater: 16 °C
Coolant temperature: 23 °C
Engine running status: not recognized
Fuel level: 19 l
Heater output: 0 W

Before I flash the Heater I made wiring between Webasto 6pin socket (pin 2) and Telestart pin 2 - according to schema Telestar T91 Lin connection.png
My VCDS normally sees the module after flash (I used ODIS but VCP should also do it correctly)
I also have this fault:
But, the first message for more info says "mdachdisplay timeout" ??? Do i need to turn something else on/off in the coding so its not looking for a display?
In my opinion to eliminate this fault Webasto Multicontrol HD Heater Ttimer should be connected - 7E5 719 037G - I will do it in next week and I will pass the result here.

I think second code is due to me not finishing the wiring to the blower pin5 yet, this message disappears if set from Direct to CAN option.
In my opinion you don't need wiring to the blower - I have set option Direct to CAN and working properly.

Try Coding : 5001 - now I have this and working.

With coding: 5901 I also had this fault (It's my error - I checked wrong VCDS logs):
Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 273 A
Work Shop Code: WSC 06314 790 00021
ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2 001013 (VN75)
ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2_VN75.rod
VCID: 2B52ACF25A28591E0F-807E
1 Fault Found:

0048 - Control Circuit for Front Air Blower
B10A0 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 93
Mileage: 16783 km
Date: 2004.14.09
Time: 16:20:01

Last edited:
In my opinion you don't need wiring to the blower - I have set option Direct to CANand working properly.

In my case I think I do as I have normal climate with the 3 dials, not climatic, so I have to connect a relay and add power to turn blower on.

I can see in vcds (working fine now, weird) that transmitter info is showing on/off when hitting the buttons.
Have enough voltage.
Everything seems to be fine (except those errors)
I also coded with the t91 connected to power, lin and earth.

I wonder if my issue related to ‘system malfunction 71’ ?
Maybe locked out now, wonder how to ‘unlock’ to run again...

Try Coding : 5001 for test and then press then button and write what will be the result?
Maybe system mulfunction locking your webasto

I think I'm trying to achieve the same thing as @Jimmy T6 and I have the same setup. This being automatic non remote coolant heater by Webasto and air heater by Eberspatcher with remote. I also have the control unit near the interior light which only controls the air heater.

To actuate the coolant heater I intend on installing the Telestart kit as noted by @Loz above or connecting the coolant heater to my GSM tracker which has a switchable auxiliary contact.

The VW manual says that the MODE button allows control of the coolant heater modes but the control panel in my MY18 Kombi only allows control of the air heater.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
View attachment 16639 View attachment 16640

I also have the factory coolant and parking heater.

Has anyone managed using only the factory roof control to have the coolant heater running when parked and engine off?

The manual certainly suggests that's possible and I have the 2 symbols, air only or air and coolant.

I got the van in April and it was never below 5 c so couldn't test the coolant parking function.

Changed coding to 5001 as suggested, and now works fine!
Added in the relay and tapped into pin5 on the blower control and fan comes on when activating also!
Much easier doing firmware update through VCP.
Many thanks again for providing this information and help, i hope your info helps other people too.

J

Just a little follow up question.
When I hit the heat button I get a long green led, then nothing.
On some videos it shows a red led on the remote when the heat button is pushed, and that led continues to occasionally flash to show that the heater is working.
Is the feedback from the heater to the remote something that has to be switched on? Different remote part number needed?
Thanks

J

I also have the factory coolant and parking heater.

Has anyone managed using only the factory roof control to have the coolant heater running when parked and engine off?

The manual certainly suggests that's possible and I have the 2 symbols, air only or air and coolant.

I got the van in April and it was never below 5 c so couldn't test the coolant parking function.
Is the factory roof control the same as here ---> Webasto Aux/parking (water) Heater Configuration With Vcds
The control panel should turn on the heater (cabin heating) when you push the on/off button - no matter what the outdoor temperature is.

The engine heater functionality turns on when outdoor temperature is below 5C and engine is running. Turning ignition does not start the heater, need to start the engine.

Just a little follow up question.
When I hit the heat button I get a long green led, then nothing.
On some videos it shows a red led on the remote when the heat button is pushed, and that led continues to occasionally flash to show that the heater is working.
Is the feedback from the heater to the remote something that has to be switched on? Different remote part number needed?
Thanks

J
Factory remote of T6 (two different types, early "oval" shaped, later "square") has following indications:
Long green = heater/ventilation turned on (confirmed by Webasto).
Blinking green (a few seconds) = heater/ventilation did not turn on (no confirmation from Webasto, typically out of remote range).
So I would say it's just normal and all you can get.

I think the functionality you are referring (long red + flashing every 2 secs) is the way how (earlier) Telestart T91 remote works.
E.g. ---> Webasto Telestart T91 Operating Instructions Manual (Page 10 of 20)

Last edited:
Is the factory roof control the same as here ---> Webasto Aux/parking (water) Heater Configuration With Vcds
The control panel should turn on the heater (cabin heating) when you push the on/off button - no matter what the outdoor temperature is.

The engine heater functionality turns on when outdoor temperature is below 5C and engine is running. Turning ignition does not start the heater, need to start the engine.

Yes I have the same panel, 2nd battery etc. If the engine heater is only on when engine is running I wonder why there is a coolant function selectable on the panel... Or I'm totally misunderstanding the manual.

Will search for a vw explanation guide of the system.

Yes I have the same panel, 2nd battery etc. If the engine heater is only on when engine is running I wonder why there is a coolant function selectable on the panel... Or I'm totally misunderstanding the manual.

Will search for a vw explanation guide of the system.
In my panel there is only two symbols: either ventilation (blower only as in the linked picture) or cabin heating (heater symbol). The engine heating is not indicated any way in the panel. Does this make sense? Perhaps you could post a picture of your manual and symbols of the control panel.

Back