Getting there.
When you connect to your dongle you may have to select your com port under "extras" menu.
When you achieve a connection to the heater do not do anything without downloading the data file from the heater as a backup - you can revert to this if needed.

@oldiebut goodie
I dont suppose you have the prn file do you?
I am in on the WTT but the usb dongle which has the files is in a webasto format and windows will not let me view it. It has something called "Matrix USB Key" on it which on google looks like an encrytion type

If anyone that has done the update and has converted the heater to a parking heater. If you have WTT and can backup the .PRN dataset file that would be great please.
Or if anyone is in Hampshire with vcp or odis that can update the heater that would be fantastic. I cannot do it without the PRN and do not really want to payout for Odis or VCP as I have vcds already which is fine for normal stuff.

Hi @bullracing. Can’t help you with the PRN file. I used VCP to flash a FRF file. I used a cheap VCP cable that I bought online. I guess it’s a Chinese fake or an old version or something. But it flashed my heater on a 2015 T6 without trouble (using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro). P.m. me if you’re interested and I’ll post it to you for £15. Don’t need it anymore as I already have a legit VCDS cable.

Thanks. I will PM now. I have a 2016 so hopefully should still work.
Thats my problem, maybe i am just being a tight arse but I spent a fair bit on vcds so not wanting to spend anymore just to update the heater.

I felt the same way!

There's also a Facebook group of VCP users. Could check that out to see if there's someone close to you who already has it available.

Have you seen these?

I'll just leave this here - Aftermarket ECU/STEUERGERÄT for Webasto Thermo Top EVO 4-5 (5+), univ. DIESEL | eBay

Get the heater out of the VW snarl/tie up then you can add Telestarts, Thermocall, etc. to your heart's delight without all the coding faff.

Thank you Oldie
I think I get how it works. Does it still turn on the dashboard air on a T6 when remotely turned on. Or does it just heat the coolant water?

I do air heaters but it just replaces the OEM tied ecu with a standard one, presumably you can operate anything else like the vehicle fans as normal otherwise it wouldn't be any point producing it. The listing does say it can - "It can controlling circulation pump & interior fan too". I know nothing about it, contact the seller for any information as to function.

Which FRF firmware should I use?
I have flashed B but I get errors saying it cannot communicate open or short on fans and also on changeover.
I try with coding 5101

OK so I went to 4101, turned stop start off (mine is not working/disabled), unselect the direct fan controls as I have climatic, set it as remote without display, unselect the regulate and it seems to work ok with only the first error.

I would like to understand more on how the rear heater is prioritised as I would like that to be the one that gets all the heat rather then the actual cab or engine.

I managed to flash it with the cheap knock off VCP even though it did not have the T6 listed, Mine is a 2016. Thats the only time I will probably ever use VCP now.
I could not access it with WTT since the flash so I have to go back in with vcds and turn off the remote, once that was switched off I could access the heater with WTT and I managed to download the PRN which would be the stock webasto PRN. It seems no one on this planet apart from webasto have that PRN.

Attachments

• VCDS DTC Printout-WV2ZZZ7HZGH040660.pdf
    31.4 KB · Views: 32
Someone messaged me asking for details on the blower wiring for Climatic air-conditioning. I'll post it here in case anyone else is interested in the future.

On the factory setup, the blower is controlled by the auxiliary heater using relay J8.
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.47.54 PM.png

Unfortunately though, the wiring from the auxiliary heater to T17p connector didn't exist (on my van at least). I didn't fancy having to run this wire under the van to the heater, so instead I connected the relay coil to pin 3 of the Telestart receiver. This pin gives +12V when the heater is switched on. Which means the blower comes on immediately when the heater is starting up, whereas on the factory setup the blower doesn't start until the cooling water reaches something like 40 degrees. But I can live with this for the amount of hassle it saved.

The output contact of the relay needs to be supplied by a 30A fused supply from your leisure battery (it will drain your starter battery in no time). I ran 4mm2 wire from the relay to the back of the air conditioning control panel, and spliced this into the yellow/orange wire (important: this must be a good quality splice connector, a high resistance connection will cause issues due to the high current). See the drawing below.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.42.34 PM.png

Regarding coding, I had to keep it so that the heater thinks the blower is started via CAN bus. The heater is smart enough to detect that hardwired connection from the heater to relay J8 is not connected, and this blocks the heater from starting.

Last edited:
Rulați mai întâi această configurare - același lucru, dar schimbați la zip, deschideți și rulați configurarea. Apoi înlocuiți WTT216.exe în folderul cu fișiere de program în care s-a instalat cu dongle-ul gratuit exe pe care l-ați descărcat deja. Creați o comandă rapidă către noul dongle exe gratuit. Atunci vei fi bine să pleci.
Pe computerele mele au instalat atât de multe programe WTT încât toți biții de care are nevoie programul sunt deja prezenți.
te salut, ma poti ajuta te rog frumos si pe min cu wtt 216 exe nu gasesc sa l descarc , as fi recunoscator

Howdy folks, Just got a new to me T6 Made May 2018. It has no remote or timer for the webasto. so It has no parking heating function, and Ofc I would like to have that.
I went on the google machine and this site popped up.
Getting a remote for this vehicle seems like a struggle from another world. I have been to the (Stealers) dealers and asked them about it. That was a negative reply, No can do sir. The door is there and have a nice day!!
Another dealer in another city told me that I had to cut wires behind the dash +++.. I dont know...
I then contacted Webasto directly, they gave me 2 part numbers for this vehicle : 1324102A this is for the blower fan control i think and 9039217A is the T99 telestart module.
Hooking my peepers under the captains seat, I did spot the red connector, and dont you beleave it there where a White/green wire present in that connector. I'll be dipped!
Now.. Gettin to this bloody connector was a fight. I started lightly with whispering words trying to finangle my fingers in under there and a bit to the right. To me it seems like the seat did not approve such "fingering" so it cut me hand. Anyhow a 13mm socket and a ratchet later I releaved the seat from its base. Lucky I did spot those sneaky wires goin to the seat before dmg was done. Disconnected those 3 wires and out with the seat. I grabed my old vagcom cable that I use to test webastos. (pin 7) Fired up the laptop and there where W-bus communication action. I did see some Historic faults that had been stored so I cleared them out. I did have a play with the wtt software 2.16.1 Dongle. I do have the Dataset option. I clicked on that and selected Read dataset from device -> into file.. It did some stuff and a "loading bar" went over the screen. But where does it save the bloody file. I cant find it.
I see Read dataset from file -> into device.. so I know i can upload that .prn file if i can have that somehow.. I think in one of the kits the file is stored on a blue usb drive.
Anywho.. Putting the seat back in place, connecting the wiring back up under the seat and the dreadfull SRS warning lamp is lit, dang it!!!
I ordered one of those hex to can thingy on the old interwebs from a country far faaaar faaaaaaar away..
I did find in my shed in a box burried deep down in there a T91R it says 7N0 963 513 B on it, Even the wiring where attached to it.. hmm strange that is.. But the remote where no where to be found.. I guess i can not use that one im not sure..
What do you lads think?

Welcome.
I'm sure some other have better info but from what I recall it's recommended to buy Telestart and receiver as a 'pair' so that you know that they work together. I also recall that T91R is different to T91 and that there are different receivers.
I bought mine on eBay as a set and one way or another I managed to figure out that the receiver 3Q0.963.513 was one that would work. Here's my kit.

This part of the setup was the easy bit, the coding (and getting VCDS up and running) took WEEKS. I had a man from china (who sold me the dongle) log into my laptop remotely to help configure it whilst I was asleep. They did this several times. It was insane and I almost gave up. But persistence paid off.

Here's a pic of my parts. Mine's a 2016 T6 Caravelle with Climatronic.

telestart_57.png

Back