Waste sink water and the Chunnel?

Blackstar

T6 Pro
Sorry for the strange question but has anyone heard that if you dump your waste sink water 'straight out the van' you may not be allowed onto the channel tunnel due to the risk of dumping this into the shuttle.

I was going to get my convertor to have the waste dumped straight out and avoid having a second container in the cupboard. Advice needed please, cheers, Ian

I couldn't see anything on the Eurotunnel website about that.
How would you catch the waste water on a campsite ?

Pete

I’m pretty certain your van will have an outlet like a caravan to attach a hose to direct the waste water into a tank. I’ve heard of people dumping straight out but it will depend where you are. Most campsites won’t be pleased if you do. Some sites have service pitches so you can run a hose from your van to a drain.

I can't see how Eurotunnel can possibly police or enforce that....

I may be wrong, but most conversions don't have a waste water tank. just a direct outlet to catch the waste water.

I use a collapsible container or bucket under the outlet

Thanks everyone, yes I'd planned on just pushing a plastic bowl under the van to catch the waste water on camp sites. Not sure about a connector for a hose but I'll ask him to fit one, good suggestion. Initially he was going to put two 'jerry style' containers in the cupboard (fresh/dirty) but I want to maximise the storage area.

Washing dishes in a T6 campervan sink is impractical and messy, we use our multi-purpose bucket.
Other than dishes there isn’t much going on in the sink that’s going to create a health hazard.

Used the Eurotunnel for past 6 years - never been asked about wastewater. Never heard this one before.

Hi all....What you probably need is a collapsible tank...save on space....and one of @Dellmassive Collapsible trolley’s when full to carry
the grey water waste....
ps ...don’t have Grey water use camp sinks...but do have Grey hair :eek:

F4C838C2-0B17-4627-BDD5-B4405A07E991.jpeg

Letting waste water (grey water) drain to the ground is really frowned on at most campsites, and even considered antisocial (those bloomin’ campervans!)

Funnily enough, even some of those sites allow you to tip grey waste water bowls at the foot of nearby dividing hedges.

So just be aware that it’s a contentious issue and take care.

Next time I’ve got my van raised I’m going to T in an additional drain and route to the middle of the van, I’ll plug the original drain at the offside.
Much easier to camp up at the side of the road without drawing unwanted attention.

Next time I’ve got my van raised I’m going to T in an additional drain and route to the middle of the van, I’ll plug the original drain at the offside.
Much easier to camp up at the side of the road without drawing unwanted attention.
Run it up next to the aircon drain

Run it up next to the aircon drain
The drain is currently directly aligned with the offside sliding window below the body panel, where is the AC drain?
I need to keep some fall on the line so I can’t go too far.

Back