T6 waste water drain

Bardot

Hi all. Hoping somebody can advice or point me at a suitable thread I have a SWB RHD T6 with a fairly standard sink/hob unit arrangement down drivers side. I want to install a grey water drain going through the floor in order to collect waste water under the van. I'm looking for advice as to how and where I can drill through the floor. I need it to go somewhere towards the back of the cupboard under the grill in this photo.

20200924_173027 (2).jpg

That’s exactly where mine is.
Remove the plastic cover from underneath the van and do a bit of measuring to make sure that you’re going to come through where you want to be and not hit the strengthening piece. There is a huge void under there.
I drilled a very small pilot hole first to be 100%. Then hit it with the holesaw.
Put pipe through and seal around hole with some silicon.
Use a Stanley knife to cut a small corresponding hole in the under tray and pop it back on with the pipe sticking out only a cm or so.

Thanks for the reply Bigsidavies. You give me hope!. When you say not hit the strengthening piece are you talking about one of the raised areas on the van floor? If so that is one of my concerns as I now have no way of knowing where they are. I wish I had decided on under-van collection at start of project. But as I have now sound deadened / insulated, fitted ply flooring and vinyl top layer I'm stuck with under view only. This photo is from earlier on in the project I have now fitted a RIB bed system and filled the Fridge slot with a 3rd battery, blue tooth battery charger, inverter and fridge!!! I think I may well need to drill up from underneath as that may well be a lot easier than working on my belly with limited access.

Of course ! had my mind so set on what was under the flooring I was not thinking. Cheers Grim Reaper

Of course ! had my mind so set on what was under the flooring I was not thinking. Cheers Grim Reaper
What grim reaper said. You just need to make sure you are in that void that runs from the front to the rear. That’s just single skin metal floor and your pipe will then go into that void and through the plastic cover.
You’ve got plenty of choice where to put it.
I have a collapsible bowl for when I’m on site.
Otherwise it goes out onto the floor, but it’s literally left over coffee and tea or water. Not food waste and washing up water which is very much frowned upon.

What grim reaper said. You just need to make sure you are in that void that runs from the front to the rear. That’s just single skin metal floor and your pipe will then go into that void and through the plastic cover.
You’ve got plenty of choice where to put it.
I have a collapsible bowl for when I’m on site.
Otherwise it goes out onto the floor, but it’s literally left over coffee and tea or water. Not food waste and washing up water which is very much frowned upon.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll have to get it up on some ramps and get the drill out. I plan to use a oil drain collection tub under the van to catch the waste. This will be my second season in it. Last year I was running two 10 litre tubs side by side in the cupboard, one for fresh water one for waste. The problem I found was 10 litre of water does not go very far so want to double up with two fresh water tubs.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll have to get it up on some ramps and get the drill out. I plan to use a oil drain collection tub under the van to catch the waste. This will be my second season in it. Last year I was running two 10 litre tubs side by side in the cupboard, one for fresh water one for waste. The problem I found was 10 litre of water does not go very far so want to double up with two fresh water tubs.
Yeah. I have 25 litre fresh water.
I did mine as it sits outside on lowered suspension. A couple of minutes to take the under tray off. Quick measure then drill the pilot hole from the inside and pop your head under with a torch. If the pilot is in the correct spot then cut the hole. It’s all done from the inside.

Drilled fitted and working. Only issue is the exposed pipe end under the van whistles at speed. However plug in the sink stops most of the noise.

Drilled fitted and working. Only issue is the exposed pipe end under the van whistles at speed. However plug in the sink stops most of the noise.
I e cut my pipe so it’s only a few mm proud of the under tray and not noticed any whistling. Although I do have the plug in all the time.
I hope it was nice and easy.

I want to install a grey water drain going through the floor in order to collect waste water under the van. I'm looking for advice as to how and where I can drill through the floor.
There are holes already present, not necessarily for this purpose, but ones you can use should you not wish to cut more.

See:

Back