VW Sat Nav Map Update without SD card

shaiboyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

So got my van, but the dealer (not VW) couldn't find the SD card for sat nav, but "promised" would get one asap.
I tried the DiscoverCare app, and seems to suggest that you can put map on a standard SD card and it will work.... Tried it, and still says "Navigation database not available"
Is there a way for this to work, or do I need to wait for dealer to get SD card?

Thanks
Paul

2021-05-20 16.27.43.jpg

Alternately there is a very simple tweak which will enable any SD card to work with your DM.

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
If you get stuck you can buy a genuine second hand VW sd card from eBay pretty cheap and update it to the latest maps

Are there none in demo vans at the dealers? That's where the ones on ebay must come from. Might as well cut out the middle man.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Are there none in demo vans at the dealers? That's where the ones on ebay must come from. Might as well cut out the middle man.
Its not a VW dealer, don't have another Transporter, told me they had it and service book, but now can't find both....

Its not a VW dealer, don't have another Transporter, told me they had it and service book, but now can't find both....
I doubt they will have much luck finding the service book as they don’t come with one from new unless the original owner bought one separately.

A lot of people like myself have bought a book from the likes of eBay but as far as I am aware VW have not provided books with Vans for quite a few years.

Well the dealer found the card :)

20210528_172337.jpg
20210528_172352.jpg

Not found service book, saying will speak to previous own and also speak to vw...

Reactions: CAB
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything using the search function.
I have a 2021 caravelle with discover media headunit. There is no sd card slot and I wish to update the satnav.
Does anyone know how I get the update onto the headunit?

More later info here...

Back