VW OEM storage panel off side?

They’ve just launched one!

That looks smart, problem is I would open the sliding door and something hanging out would scratch the side of the van. Also, and more importantly, I hope they have included drainage holes for the water that inevitably will come in from the window above.....

I bought the version 1 and it won't fit as my 69 plate T6 has the extra bits of metal that the T6.1 doors have that stop the panel fitting correctly at the bottom.

Used the box cardboard as a temple for something else and then binned it. Couldn't send it back and can't be arsed finding another box to post it out if I put it up for sale.

Now gathering dust in storage...

I see the version 2 still has the same fitting issues so no purchase from me.

That looks smart, problem is I would open the sliding door and something hanging out would scratch the side of the van. Also, and more importantly, I hope they have included drainage holes for the water that inevitably will come in from the window above.....
Mine has mostly towels for dealing with muddy bike riders in. So solves both your problems

I bought the version 1 and it won't fit as my 69 plate T6 has the extra bits of metal that the T6.1 doors have that stop the panel fitting correctly at the bottom.

Used the box cardboard as a temple for something else and then binned it. Couldn't send it back and can't be arsed finding another box to post it out if I put it up for sale.

Now gathering dust in storage...
Is there anything important attached to the extra bits on yours, or could you just cut the metal tabs off?

Back