VW OEM storage panel off side?

Ethan Andrews

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Does anyone know if VW do a dedicated storage panel / card. That will fit in the panel immediately behind the driver.

This is for an LWB T6 with only one sliding passenger near side door.

It’s funny how we all love our VW’s. Yet pop in to my local VW commercial parts dept. And I am often met with apathy and lack of enthusiasm from the parts guy.

I know there is a table unit for the nearside door. But I don’t want one of those yet.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if VW do a dedicated storage panel / card. That will fit in the panel immediately behind the driver.

This is for an LWB T6 with only one sliding passenger near side door.

It’s funny how we all love our VW’s. Yet pop in to my local VW commercial parts dept. And I am often met with apathy and lack of enthusiasm from the parts guy.

I know there is a table unit for the nearside door. But I don’t want one of those yet.
You’re not getting confused with the California Beach, are you?
That has a table in the offside sliding-door and (I think) a storage pocket between the B and C pillar behind the passenger.

I priced up a shuttle N/S rear quarter (mine has the aux heater and nice plastic panel on the O/S) £586 :eek: Clips and covers were extra!

I basically found a shuttle on ebay with the panel I wanted and used the registration so the dealer could find the part. Like you I find parts departments in general dont like searching for parts without a registration / VIN and to most its just a job!

If you ring the dealers just make sure you are sitting down!

Ian

You’re not getting confused with the California Beach, are you?
That has a table in the offside sliding-door and (I think) a storage pocket between the B and C pillar behind the passenger.

Well possibly. Rather than carpeting over what essentially is a rather large space. I wondered if a sliding door panel which I presume has storage space would slot into the open space.

I don’t know if the door sliding door spaces are any bigger between LWB and SWB vans.

Kiravans do a product for the left door called ‘Door Store’. But I want something more OEM. I could probably adapt one of their products to fit. And ply and carpet over the excess space. But not really what I want.

I have also seen a table door product called LOC8 table system for near side door.

Well possibly. Rather than carpeting over what essentially is a rather large space. I wondered if a sliding door panel which I presume has storage space would slot into the open space.

I don’t know if the door sliding door spaces are any bigger between LWB and SWB vans.

Kiravans do a product for the left door called ‘Door Store’. But I want something more OEM. I could probably adapt one of their products to fit. And ply and carpet over the excess space. But not really what I want.

I have also seen a table door product called LOC8 table system for near side door.
I think the only difference with SWB and LWB bodies is the 400mm section between the c-pillar and the rear wheel arch.

I imagine a door-store would fit in the offside non-sliding door area, and a Loc8 table could then be fitted to the nearside slider.
Kiravans should be able to confirm on the former.

Has anyone come across an offside storage panel solution for the single slider vans? I know Kiravans do a ' drivers side door store' but not sure if it would fit on the offside which isnt a door.
when I had the OEM offside panel out under the window for deadening and lining there is plenty of unused storage depth there, plus a good gap between the panel and the edge of the seat.

The VW beach has an awesome storage (in my opinion) area here but as the California beach (and Ocean) have the door on the driver side so I cant just purchase the panel and fit it to my van. see example image below.

Has anyone come across an alternative before I start the process of making one? thinking of something that clips into the same holes as, and replaces, the OEM panel?
or has anyone made their own and could share some pics for inspiration? It would get over the lack of cupholders etc in the Kombi and be great for a day van.

Cheers!

Capture2.PNG

Has anyone come across an offside storage panel solution for the single slider vans? I know Kiravans do a ' drivers side door store' but not sure if it would fit on the offside which isnt a door.
when I had the OEM offside panel out under the window for deadening and lining there is plenty of unused storage depth there, plus a good gap between the panel and the edge of the seat.

The VW beach has an awesome storage (in my opinion) area here but as the California beach (and Ocean) have the door on the driver side so I cant just purchase the panel and fit it to my van. see example image below.

Has anyone come across an alternative before I start the process of making one? thinking of something that clips into the same holes as, and replaces, the OEM panel?
or has anyone made their own and could share some pics for inspiration? It would get over the lack of cupholders etc in the Kombi and be great for a day van.

Cheers!

View attachment 104190
Try a company called CoTrim. They might have something, but don’t be surprised if it’s part and parcel of a full lining kit.

Well that is ironic that this subject has come up today. As this afternoon I got an email from ‘Kiravans’ announcing new products of a ‘door store’ and ‘panel store’ but for Ford Transit.

I asked Kiravans previously if they had considered a panel store product for my T6 LWB. And was advise to but a right hand door store. But they couldn’t guarantee it would fit.

I have seen a few vans make use of that panel space by fitting electrical equipment in there. Like a distribution panel. And others have used the space as a larder. But in the summer I would imagine it would be an unsuitable location for both food and electrics.

I have just pinged Kiravans a message on Instagram. So let’s see what they reply.

BA7C1B5A-68FB-4BA0-BF0A-3BB800129071.png

014BE10F-F7B4-42AB-8AF2-9FA0302CAF46.png

Try a company called CoTrim. They might have something, but don’t be surprised if it’s part and parcel of a full lining kit.
Cheers!
These looks really smart. Cheers Ill give them a ring and find out if they do just that panel section or only supply the whole kite. I was hoping to build some storage into the rear panels so wouldnt want the whole hog.

Well that is ironic that this subject has come up today. As this afternoon I got an email from ‘Kiravans’ announcing new products of a ‘door store’ and ‘panel store’ but for Ford Transit.

I asked Kiravans previously if they had considered a panel store product for my T6 LWB. And was advise to but a right hand door store. But they couldn’t guarantee it would fit.

I have seen a few vans make use of that panel space by fitting electrical equipment in there. Like a distribution panel. And others have used the space as a larder. But in the summer I would imagine it would be an unsuitable location for both food and electrics.

I have just pinged Kiravans a message on Instagram. So let’s see what they reply.

View attachment 104201

View attachment 104202
haha, i've done just the same, if its around the £150 mark it would probably save me the hassle and time of making it when you add up materials and time!

haha, i've done just the same, if its around the £150 mark it would probably save me the hassle and time of making it when you add up materials and time!

I am really surprised nothing like this has been done before.

I guess the rationale may be that most people have their kitchens down that side.

If the Ford one fits it may be the answer. But still begs the question. Why isn’t there one for the VW market?

I am really surprised nothing like this has been done before.

I guess the rationale may be that most people have their kitchens down that side.

If the Ford one fits it may be the answer. But still begs the question. Why isn’t there one for the VW market?
Doubt the ford one will fit as the clips etc will all be different. It looks better than the vw door store if im honest more OEM and with better layout. Just my opinion of course!

Surprised they dont make one for the VW first to be honest as they did with the door store, as I would guess the market may be bigger?

With the kiravans one it’s the location of the skin supports in the sliding doors that decided the pocket shapes. If a sliding door panel would fit on the non sliding side there may still be supports underneath. I’ve got a twin slider so can’t tell you unfortunately

I've been looking for one of these, got the sliding door sorted but nothing for the other side which is static behind the driver

If anyone finds one for a t6 let me know - I'll have one!

Well Kiravans sent me a PM after I replied to their Ford Transit Instagram announcement of a ‘panel store’.

There is one in the pipeline for VW.

So great news from Kiravans.

FC289FD4-8F47-43AB-8BFC-CF06AC325CDD.png

I've just been on the phone to kiravans this morning before finding this thread.
I'm looking for the same doorstore for a fixed panel behind the drivers seat.

There was no mention of anything in the making,
just maybe try a right hand sliding door panel.

Looks like I'll be making something when I find the time.

I've just had an email from them, sadly I've had the panel covered and put brackets to hold a table on instead

Hey ho!

They’ve just launched one!

Just seen this too, looks great but at £189 call me tight, but I'm undecided!

Just seen this too, looks great but at £189 call me tight, but I'm undecided!
Does seem steep for a bit of plastic but they've obviously had to spend money on the tooling etc to be able to make it.

My question I keep asking myself is what would I actually store in it? Probably crap I'd not need to carry anyway

Back