VW All-in plan?

The warranty point is much clearer, they have updated some links since I first looked.
I did notice this today however
How would you not need 2 MOTs in 24 months? And the major/minor service. Surely it’s just a comprehensive package that includes everything that’s needed in a 24 month period.
I’m not sure I understand your point.
Services, MOT and any warranty repairs must be undertaken within the duration of the plan
Does this mean you have to have both services & both MOTs in the 24 months?

@Higgidav I've just had confirmation from the service dept at Sheffield vw that they can't cover my van the the all in plan due to modified suspension. You heard the same?
Maybe a bit too far away, but have you thought of trying/speaking to VW Van Centre at Cleckheaton. They have a good reputation and have been really easy to deal with for my warranty work. Never mentioned my CRS suspension etc. Always ring me and keep me updated etc. Seem pretty efficient.

Maybe a bit too far away, but have you thought of trying/speaking to VW Van Centre at Cleckheaton.
I went there for my first service and warranty work which was a total nightmare. Incompetent beyond words. The service was not done properly and they damaged the van. After raising a complaint with the centre and VW I swore I would never take my van there again even if they offered to do the work for free. That was 18 months ago and I’m still annoyed at them.

I went there for my first service and warranty work which was a total nightmare. Incompetent beyond words. The service was not done properly and they damaged the van. After raising a complaint with the centre and VW I swore I would never take my van there again even if they offered to do the work for free. That was 18 months ago and I’m still annoyed at them.
Jesus. Are there any reliable VW van centres that are consistently good. I’d doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’ve used my local Croydon VW twice and @BognorMotors twice. Whilst I’ve been happy with the service from Croydon I’ve only ever dealt with their customer service manager and never had a chance to speak with the mechanics and get a feel for their knowledge or experience. On both occasions I’ve been to Bognor Motors the guys that did the work were happy to have a chat not just about the work but all things t6 related. I guess the point is independent garages have to go the extra mile to ensure repeat business whereas the dealerships maybe have different priorities like fleet sales and the bottom line. Only when something goes wrong and I need a warranty claim will I really find out whether Croydon meet my expectations, and if they don’t I know where I’m going next.

Jesus. Are there any reliable VW van centres that are consistently good. I’d doesn’t inspire confidence.
As I mentioned in another thread. I took mine for a service at Manchester VW van centre, Trafford Park. They managed to overfill the oil and 1 litre needed draining from the engine by the AA on it's first proper drive, 5 days after the service. Only noticed because the "oil level too high" warning came up whilst driving to Devon!

I will say though, on both occasions I have used VW assist, they have been very good and prompt.

As I mentioned in another thread. I took mine for a service at Manchester VW van centre, Trafford Park. They managed to overfill the oil and 1 litre needed draining from the engine by the AA on it's first proper drive, 5 days after the service. Only noticed because the "oil level too high" warning came up whilst driving to Devon!

I will say though, on both occasions I have used VW assist, they have been very good and prompt.

VW assist been brilliant for me too, I will miss that if anything happens.

Maybe a bit too far away, but have you thought of trying/speaking to VW Van Centre at Cleckheaton. They have a good reputation and have been really easy to deal with for my warranty work. Never mentioned my CRS suspension etc. Always ring me and keep me updated etc. Seem pretty efficient.

On previous visits for warranty work for me suspension mods etc were never mentioned. I assumed this all in plan would be the same, anything modified wouldn't be covered, one reason I never went for a remap until out of warranty incase I had engine issues.

The worrying thing is if someone takes this 'all in' plan on then fits something trivial like lowering springs does that mean the warranty is now totally void (even if not suspension related)?

Had my T6 32 4 motion in today for the eligibility check, had to get the brake fluid changed and haldex service to get the service book upto date. (To be fair they said i could take it elsewear to get it done and provide an invoice to show it had been done
They asked a few questions ie engine map? Been used as a taxi? (its a panel van) any know faults?

Got this email from the inspection

Leak from gearbox, required N/S drive shaft seal replacing, we could order the part in for tomorrow and fit for £135.01 inc VAT (This would need to be rectified before the All-in product could be activated) If you wanted to take the vehicle elsewhere for the repair we can still activate the all in policy if you were to provide proof of rectification within 7days from today’s date)

Rear brake pads 80% worn and discs lipped/worn, the technician has advised these require urgent attention – We could replace these today for £353.40 inc VAT

O/S engine undertray damaged, the technician has advised this as an advisory item only, I could order the undertray in for tomorrow and the price would be - £143.71

One of the things in the warranty small print is nothing covered for the buildup of carbon deposits so i guess thats the egr cooler etc.....

Think ill still go for it.

As forecast above, I took my camper conversion into Arthur Spriggs Cheltenham on Monday for it's second service, first MOT and All-In warranty pre-inspection (all of which went smoothly they said). Earlier today, I had a conversation with their Warranty Manager and questioned her on the impact of any modifications which I may or may not do over the next 24 months and whilst the van is covered by the All-In extended warranty. Bottom line is:

The campervan conversion and all associated components and modifications would NOT be covered but would NOT void the All-In policy. Note the conversion and removable towbar were all in place at the warranty inspection carried out by Arthur Spriggs on 5 July.​

Same for any updated suspension if I get it done during the All-In warranty period (CRS here I come).​
Same for ICE kit which is also on my to do list (or, more correctly, get someone to do list).​
The bit about suspension is interesting as it contradicts the stance (no pun intended) taken by other VW Service Centres as posted by others above - confusion seems to rule! I have a recording of the conversation just in case I have any future issues and on that basis will shortly be parting with the £840 odd that the policy will cost. I reckon that's pretty good value for the 2 year warranty, 2 services, 2 MOTs and 2 years of VW Assist (particularly if we get to travel to Europe again any time soon).

Apologies if I missed a post but has anybody other than @jimc91 actually bought and paid for this deal? Following my 'eligibility check' at Arthur Spriggs Cheltenham, I spoke to them yesterday to sign up and pay but they were unable to process it as my original VW 3 year warranty does not expire until 1 August and the 'system' couldn't handle 2 warranties at the same time. I wondered whether anybody else had encountered the same issues. Hope that makes sense.

Yep I went in about 4 days before my initial 3yr warranty expired. They couldn’t do it, had to wait until it was 3 years and a day old

You can't take out the all in while you have existing warranty but you can up to 7 days after you have eligibility inspection.
So have the inspection a few days before your existing warranty runs out then any problems can be repaired under warranty.

The inspection was done (and passed) on 5 July but the 'warranty lady' at Arthur Spriggs assures me that they can still put the paperwork through on 2 August (the day after the original manufacturers warranty runs out) without me having to make another visit to them. I'll be a bit peed off if they can't and I have to make another trip! I'll report back in due course.

I asked what would happen if I changed the suspension, they weren’t sure but said VW can supply lower springs if needed and they would definitely be covered. If I change mine I’m going to @CRS Performance so will looking to get something in writing from the warranty team first.
Vw can fit Eibach Prostreet coilovers

I think a little bit of common sense prevails here, with both you as the owner and the dealership..

Obviously if there's an issue with a modified part, its not going to be covered.
With the dealership side of things, its a good potential to bring in extra customers that would be going elsewhere once the vehicles warranty had expired.
So for a dealership to point blank refuse to oversee some 'mods' is a little naive.

I just took up the plan today.
Took my T6 to Swindon Van Centre this morning where they gave it a thorough checkover and offered a free wash ad vacuum (which I declined as I'd already done both). They did ask whether it had been remapped or chipped (no) and gave me a worried look when I told them that the cambelt had recently been changed by an independant garage. One thing I did learn was that if you intend to make a warranty claim under the scheme, you will be charged for at least an hour's labour when they carry out a check / diagnosis.

Reactions: CAB
Back