Van Hit In Car Park Tonight :-(

All we can do is strongly advise the person not to drive and to notify DVLA, we are not permitted to report them...
Is this because it would be classed as having shared their private medical information?

Commercial insurance NCB isn't protected.
Have you had a paintless dent remover look at it? The guy I use popped the roof out of a car that had been jumped on from a first floor window. Spent a day on it and it came out - car would have been written off otherwise!

Have you had a paintless dent remover look at it? The guy I use popped the roof out of a car that had been jumped on from a first floor window. Spent a day on it and it came out - car would have been written off otherwise!

The damage is a lot worse than it looks, the inner frame is bent and the door skin has detached, window mechanism doesn't work either.

Back in 2013 I bought my first ever brand new car, a lovely Mercedes c63 it got delivered to my House in a covered transporter got offloaded and looked brilliant

Drove from home to work via the local Tesco to get a sandwich parked away from everyone in the 15 min I was in tesco some absolute thunder c**t had parked next to me opened their door into the side of it creasing my rear door and had buggered off

I think this is one of the many reasons I generally hate people

I was a bit dubious about these pdr repair men..until my van suffered cattle damage.bit the bullet and took it to a lad in beverley(tied it in with a fishing trip)it came back good as new.

20200920_184132.jpg

Check out dent remover YouTube channel.
There's a transporter on there,with rear end damage..you wouldn't think it was repairable....

Its classed as a 'Fail to Stop Road Traffic Collision' and so should be reported to Police. There should be a Collision report taken by the Police and an officer assigned to investigate. In reality, you have started the investigation for them. They may have ANPR assets nearby which may confirm any suspect vehicles, if identified. Also, the police may be able to link any other reports in the area etc....
I'm sorry to tell you that in the event of a minor prang, no injuries caused, unless you happen to be friends with the Chief Constable, none of that will happen.
The rules of how ANPR data is used mean that nobody is going to access that data to investigate a minor prang.
I wish you were right, but having retired from the Police a couple of years ago, sadly what you describe is not very likely. In fact, in those circumstances, a Police Officer will rarely be asked to even investigate, it will most likely be recorded and closed. (Unless you have the registration number of the offending vehicle.)

8C83B2B7-2B4C-42E0-9EC0-CE73D21E7AB4.jpeg
I think this photo taken today says it all about drivers today, the 3 cars in front of the car in front of me all pulled forward and all blocked each other. No one could go forward and no one would reverse. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to tell you that in the event of a minor prang, no injuries caused, unless you happen to be friends with the Chief Constable, none of that will happen.
The rules of how ANPR data is used mean that nobody is going to access that data to investigate a minor prang.
I wish you were right, but having retired from the Police a couple of years ago, sadly what you describe is not very likely. In fact, in those circumstances, a Police Officer will rarely be asked to even investigate, it will most likely be recorded and closed. (Unless you have the registration number of the offending vehicle.)
Hmm, well dont know what Force you were in but coming up to retirement in a month in my current Force that is exactly what would happen up here. ANPR can be used where a suspected vehicle is identified. We do it all the time.

Last edited:
I was on holiday in the South of France a few years b

Hmm, well dont know what Force you were in but coming up to retirement in a month in my current Force that is exactly what would happen up here. ANPR can be used where a suspected vehicle is identified. We do it all the time.
Not in Beds, Herts or Cambs I'm afraid. :thumbsdown: In fairness I'm about three years out of date but it certainly wouldn't have generated what you describe when I was in, and talking to serving Officers I doubt much has changed.

Not in Beds, Herts or Cambs I'm afraid. :thumbsdown: In fairness I'm about three years out of date but it certainly wouldn't have generated what you describe when I was in, and talking to serving Officers I doubt much has changed.
Clearly, if you're going to get bumped by an unknown, make sure it happens in North Yorkshire !

Back