Van Hit In Car Park Tonight :-(

jimmyjames

T6 Pro
As above, my van was hit in a car park tonight while the kids were swimming. So far I have left a message with the police, contacted the leisure centre requesting cctv, anything else I should be doing. The damage is fairly minor but it is dented both sides of the drivers side rear quarter but it’s not the point, I hate these dishonest drivers and I’m after justice if nothing else! Absolutely fuming!!!

I'd be livid too fella ! Hope you get something off the cctv .
Happens all too often these days. :(

Thanks guys! Don’t know what it is about car drivers, they seem to target vans even though it’s pretty obvious it’s not a builders van. Had it with the old T4 too but I have far more invested in this one. The woman on the police 111 line said it was technically a hit and run therefore prosecution is possible provided they can be identified on the cctv. Fingers crossed the footage is good.

My wife's immaculate year old Mini was hit in Highcross carpark in Leicester yesterday with no note.

I genuinely think 90% of vehicles owners don't give a crap if they hit someone's car, unless you hit theres, then it's the end of the world, main dealer repairs and whip lash.
Personally I'm sick and tired of some peoples attitudes lately and that old saying 'I'm alright Jack' makes me want to move to the moon.
I hope you get some sort of justice @jimmyjames but I suspect even if it was caught on camera, there will be some namby pamby rule saying you cannot contact the driver due to a breach of human rights and data protection.

I fully agree, It’s just society as a whole these days sadly, not just motoring. Nobody seems to give a crap about their fellow man across the board. Thankfully I have never hit another car before but I know I would as a minimum leave a note, I couldn't live with myself hitting and running.

My thoughts are, With so many cars on the road being on PCP it’s not surprising really, you never really love a car unless you actually own it so they just don’t care.

My wife's immaculate year old Mini was hit in Highcross carpark in Leicester yesterday with no note.

I genuinely think 90% of vehicles owners don't give a crap if they hit someone's car, unless you hit theres, then it's the end of the world, main dealer repairs and whip lash.
Personally I'm sick and tired of some peoples attitudes lately and that old saying 'I'm alright Jack' make me want to move to the moon.
I hope you get some sort of justice @jimmyjames but I suspect even if it was caught on camera, there will be some namby pamby rule saying you cannot contact the driver due to a breach of human rights and data protection.

Thats why I go for the furthest, emptiest part of the carpark but appreciate its not always possible.

Few weeks ago went to our local Wickes. Parked quite a way from the building in a COMPLETELY empty carpark. When I came out there was a second vehicle in the carpark parked right next to mine - WTF?! Its as if some people cannot get it between the lines without another vehicle to guide them.

Feel for you - we all take care of our vehicles for some inconsiderate £&@t to ruin them. And dont get me started on kids playing football in the street. And breath!

Ian

Thats why I go for the furthest, emptiest part of the carpark but appreciate its not always possible.

Few weeks ago went to our local Wickes. Parked quite a way from the building in a COMPLETELY empty carpark. When I came out there was a second vehicle in the carpark parked right next to mine - WTF?! Its as if some people cannot get it between the lines without another vehicle to guide them.

Feel for you - we all take care of our vehicles for some inconsiderate £&@t to ruin them. And dont get me started on kids playing football in the street. And breath!

Ian

thanks Ian

sadly the car park was very full tonight so parking elsewhere was not an option especially with four eager kids in the van about to have swimming lessons. I normally do park further away but as you say, there is always somebody who will park next to you regardless.

Ian

Wickes next to Costco have huge spaces that are for vans only :thumbsup:

Personally I'm sick and tired of some peoples attitudes lately and that old saying 'I'm alright Jack' makes me want to move to the moon.

Thats some pi$$ poor driving if in the newish Highcross carpark rather than the old Shires bit, as the new one has quite generous spaces. Grrrrr!!!!!

I think it is summed up precisely above ^^^. A great deal of society has gone to the dogs, they don’t give a to55. Look at someone in the street and they want to try and fight you. Was in Aldi car park yesterday when I was waiting for a car to leave a space, before I was able to drive in to it some ar53 came barrelling the wrong way down the line and flew in to it, then just glared at me. I think the wife summed it up beautifully, and these are very strong words for her “the Christmas karma will get that arsehole and he’ll get his”. I was like “woah, who are you and what have you done with my wife?”
But really, there just seems to be so many miserable complete wank3r5 around now.

I think it is summed up precisely above ^^^. A great deal of society has gone to the dogs, they don’t give a to55. Look at someone in the street and they want to try and fight you. Was in Aldi car park yesterday when I was waiting for a car to leave a space, before I was able to drive in to it some ar53 came barrelling the wrong way down the line and flew in to it, then just glared at me. I think the wife summed it up beautifully, and these are very strong words for her “the Christmas karma will get that arsehole and he’ll get his”. I was like “woah, who are you and what have you done with my wife?”
But really, there just seems to be so many miserable complete wank3r5 around now.

Good people do seem to be a minority these days which is really sad. Doesn’t help that employers want everything from you and have no respect, country is run by muppets and law and order is slowly going down the tubes. That’s one of the reasons I love the VW community, I genuinely have met some of the nicest people through forums who you would do anything for and you know it would be reciprocated. I got shafted by a garage who changed my T4 engine as a cash job and it swiftly blew up after a tour of Europe with no help or refund offered. One of the members of the t4 forum (Barry) really came through. He travelled all the way from Essex to Norfolk on two weekends, helped me pull the engine one weekend and fit the TDI conversion the next. It pays to surround yourself with good people and banish the poison that’s for sure, still friends with Barry now and he is a genuine legend!

Good people do seem to be a minority these days which is really sad. Doesn’t help that employers want everything from you and have no respect, country is run by muppets and law and order is slowly going down the tubes. That’s one of the reasons I love the VW community, I genuinely have met some of the nicest people through forums who you would do anything for and you know it would be reciprocated. I got shafted by a garage who changed my T4 engine as a cash job and it swiftly blew up after a tour of Europe with no help or refund offered. One of the members of the t4 forum (Barry) really came through. He travelled all the way from Essex to Norfolk on two weekends, helped me pull the engine one weekend and fit the TDI conversion the next. It pays to surround yourself with good people and banish the poison that’s for sure, still friends with Barry now and he is a genuine legend!
Well said.

problem is a lot of these sphyncters have leased motors and so dont feel ownership and therefore just dont care. on top of that most of them are just too stupid to care.
Hope you guys get sorted and christmas karma gets the b'stards.
bring back hanging for offences against someone elses hard earned property.

Back