Hate to upset you, but a Bosch S5 A13 will fit nicely! Bit of a jiggle to get in, but it does fit! Just make sure you 'code' either with Carista or OBD11 etc..
Bum, just ordered the smaller one.
Worth giving them a shout in the morning and going for the bigger one? A little jiggle or a big jiggle?

Bum, just ordered the smaller one.
Worth giving them a shout in the morning and going for the bigger one? A little jiggle or a big jiggle?
If I can jiggle it, jobs a goodun! Just seem to remember getting my welding ring trapped! There's a few of us with the A13 on here...

I don't think there is much better than that A13, I was just trying to find my post from a year ago with pictures but failed miserably. Perhaps have a search for Bosch S5 A13...

I don't think there is much better than that A13, I was just trying to find my post from a year ago with pictures but failed miserably. Perhaps have a search for Bosch S5 A13...
Managed to get them to cancel the smaller one and reordered the biggie.
Now just need to work out what I’m going to do about coding the damned thing.

Managed to get them to cancel the smaller one and reordered the biggie.
Now just need to work out what I’m going to do about coding the damned thing.
Do you know anyone with Carista or OBD11 or VCDS? Carista is worth getting for £30 odd quid.

I’ll look into carista, I’m guessing there’s an ever increasing subscription for something like that.
You get a free 30 days and then £4 ish a month, so useful for keeping your eye on regenerations, even forcing a regen. Essentials like needle sweep on start up and lane change indicator flashes from 3 to 4. Some people have been known to turn off the seat belt warning. Easy to use and well worth the money, a good gentle introduction into the mysterious arts of VCDS! Order today on the Amazon it will be with you before the battery lands. There is a new 'improved' version of it that is more expensive, I think the general consensus is buy the cheaper one.

Got the battery. Noticed it’s damaged after I wiggled it in there in the rain.
Now Carista doesn’t have Bosch as an option to register the battery. So I’ve selected no manufacturer code but won’t register the battery.

Got the battery. Noticed it’s damaged after I wiggled it in there in the rain.
Now Carista doesn’t have Bosch as an option to register the battery. So I’ve selected no manufacturer code but won’t register the battery.
Damaged?! Badly? I'm sure the code is the same as Varta. Just make sure you change the serial number of the battery by 1 digit, just so it knows its a new battery. Got a photo of that damage?

Well done! Proud of ya! As tempting as it may be, if you change the screen picture to GTi or whatever tickles your fancy, it will come up with an 01543 error code. (Just so you know!) Have you run a diagnostic yet?
Yes. Run a diagnostic and there’s a few strange bits and bobs popped up. Possibly to do with low voltage.
I’ll run it again when things have settled.

Back