Ok need to get this done now as startup/turnover is getting strained/struggling.
I don't think i really need any extra Amps?, van is run as standard with some extra usb charging points in the back for the kids but the are only used while driving.
So recommendations on batteries please, Euro 6 with stop/start :thumbsup:

You need to at least match the capacity and cranking amps of your existing battery.
These should be on a label on the battery - can you post a photo of it ?

Pete

I fitted this one. Bought via eBay with free delivery and 5% discount. It was a straight replacement for the OEM and easily coded with Carista. It also has a 5 year warranty like the Bosch equivalent which I think are made in the same factory.
IMG_2467.png

The battery can be replaced with a new one with different capacity and even different type. Just let the van know by using the VCDS.

VCDS - Module 61 - (Long) Adaptations - Channel 04. Hover the mouse over data fields to get the instructions what to type in (screenshot below).
View attachment 45348

Battery Type is defined in the Codings - Byte 02:
View attachment 45349
Just checked the stored value for mine and it is 150 VA0 191211B2DK but I think it was just a 65AH or 70AH not 150AH, I have just put a replacement battery in of 80AH so changed the first 3 digits to 080, I wasn't sure on the manufacturer (Mercedes branded) so I left it as Varta.

Reactions: mmi
Hi all

Need some help, I got a new upgraded Bosch battery to install but my vcds isn't working. What are my options? Can i install to get me going and code later? Or is this not a good idea.?

Yes, you can just install it and go. Coding it in just optimises the charging from the point of installation.

Pete

No, they are similar characteristics, and the new battery being larger than the old just means it won't get charged up as much. the only thing I wouldn't do is go from EFB/AGM to regular lead acid.
Just get the coding done asap

No, they are similar characteristics, and the new battery being larger than the old just means it won't get charged up as much. the only thing I wouldn't do is go from EFB/AGM to regular lead acid.
Just get the coding done asap
Thank for reply just need to see if I can get HEX-V2 CABLE working as it has a red flashing light and It may be bricked.!

Hello. So just swapped my OEM starter battery for a new Bosch AGM battery as battery tests show it was pretty much dead.
Anyway, fitted ok. How do I code it in using OBDeleven? I would have thought there would be a nice barcode I could scan on the Bosch like there is on the Varta, but there isnt.

How do I find the module on OBDeleven where i enter that it is AGM (or fleece as it seems needs to be entered).

What code would I enter tfor the new Bosch battery? What is the vendor code for Bosch.

Any help would be much appreciatednew bosch battery.jpgold varta battery.jpg

Hello. So just swapped my OEM starter battery for a new Bosch AGM battery as battery tests show it was pretty much dead.
Anyway, fitted ok. How do I code it in using OBDeleven? I would have thought there would be a nice barcode I could scan on the Bosch like there is on the Varta, but there isnt.

How do I find the module on OBDeleven where i enter that it is AGM (or fleece as it seems needs to be entered).

What code would I enter tfor the new Bosch battery? What is the vendor code for Bosch.

Any help would be much appreciatedView attachment 215546View attachment 215547
Did you have any vent plugs to remove? Got mine yesterday and they both seemed to be sealed

Back