I’m pretty sure when my new battery got fitted a few weeks back that the battery supplier didn’t code my new battery (T6).

I don’t think the new battery is getting charged fully, nor the leisure battery.

I think OBD11 might be required so I can DIY it?

I’m gonna take it to VAS Works and get them to code it, I’m sure it’s not charging correctly as before my BM2 used to show the battery charging at 14v, but it’s only 13v and the factory leisure battery is barely getting a charge at all.

Nice work by @Absolut5 on moving the leisure battery from passenger side to driver side even with the Webasto pipe in the way.

FA423800-FE00-44F5-BADC-887EC82F4001.jpeg

I changed my battery for the larger 95ah version. The battery comes out at an angle and getting the new one in is a bit of a pull there push there affair but easy enough.

Watch you don't trap the -ve BMS cable at the rear right corner (viewed from driving direction) rear left from front of van.

Also make sure the rear of the battery is secured in the holding lip.

I could reuse the insulation jacket, small gap in it is at the rear left corner and the end of the jacket are held together with a high bond fabric tape.

I did make a mistake..... I didn't look at the cut out alignment for the forward battery securing tab. I couldn't be bothered to take the battery out and retape the jacket so left it as it was.

20210216_120525.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I’m currently tying to do this too with OBDeleven pro using iOS. I can access the battery adaptation no problems and change the serial number and the battery type but I can’t find anywhere to change the capacity..... did you do this?

Thanks

go to control units , choose battery regulation

View attachment 102730
choose Long Adaptation

View attachment 102731

type number 4

View attachment 102732

you will see your battery , update details for your battery. Slide to write to confirm

View attachment 102733

then go back to the battery regulation screen.
Choose long coding.
Choose your battery type. Slide to Write to confirm
View attachment 102734

Hi

I’m currently tying to do this too with OBDeleven pro using iOS. I can access the battery adaptation no problems and change the serial number and the battery type but I can’t find anywhere to change the capacity..... did you do this?

Thanks

If you're changing the serial number successfully, then the capacity should be the first 3 digits

Tbh, I hadn’t bothered putting an ‘actual’ serial number in, just made one up as I couldn’t find it (it’s an Exide). Now I’ve updated the serial again with the correct first 3 digits all seems fine. Start/ stop is now functioning correctly again too! Thanks so much everyone.

Now need to work out why all of the interior lights are staying on indefinitely when the doors are open, unlike in a car where they will time out to prevent battery loss.

why all of the interior lights are staying on indefinitely when the doors are open
How long is your eternity? Do you have LED lights in rear?
BCM adaptation channel 38 defines the timeout (=value x 0.5 min). E.g 121 gives about 60 mins.

How long is your eternity? Do you have LED lights in rear?
BCM adaptation channel 38 defines the timeout (=value x 0.5 min). E.g 121 gives about 60 mins.

Thanks, don’t suppose you’d know where to locate that with OBDeleven? No LED lights in rear, the van is still a van, no conversion started yet. I’ve no reason to believe that any settings will have been changed, only a 1 owner van. Just seems strange that they stay on much longer than I would anticipate.

I assumed they would have an auto timeout after say 10 mins (abit like a car) to preserve the battery.....

Well, today when messing with the van again they were definitely on for at least 30 mins without turning off. Hopefully won’t be as much of an issue now with the bigger battery.

55DF7D17-F4ED-4436-812A-2CB238B03CB5.jpeg

Thanks, don’t suppose you’d know where to locate that with OBDeleven? No LED lights in rear, the van is still a van, no conversion started yet. I’ve no reason to believe that any settings will have been changed, only a 1 owner van. Just seems strange that they stay on much longer than I would anticipate.

I assumed they would have an auto timeout after say 10 mins (abit like a car) to preserve the battery.....
Yes, without LEDs in rear it's 10 mins from factory. Most likely you just "restarted" the timer by e.g. closing/reopening a door?
Should be fairly simple:
09-Central electrics > Adaptation > Enter channel > 38

I have just ordered an Exide EK950 off the battery group on ebay - after using the code PRICEWINS I got it down from £140 odd to £111 next day delivery. Happy with that.

I see 2 folk have already fitted these - what manufacturer code did you use?

I have an OBDevelen Pro but today, I hope, my VCDS Hex V2 cable arrives :)

I have just ordered an Exide EK950 off the battery group on ebay - after using the code PRICEWINS I got it down from £140 odd to £111 next day delivery. Happy with that.

I see 2 folk have already fitted these - what manufacturer code did you use?

I have an OBDevelen Pro but today, I hope, my VCDS Hex V2 cable arrives :)
Same battery in mine and no problem to fit.
Coded with OBD11 pro too and no problems there either, I think I used Varta and added a 1 to the end or something off memory, doesn't matter as long as the van knows the battery has been changed and the Ah rating.
All working fine and as it should.

Thanks Fireheed ! I saw your post which contributed me to choosing an Exide. I was going to go for the Bosch or Varta but yruth is I had a Varta fail days after warranty and in the wifes Honda Jazz Bosch battery was almost the same time frame.

I assume the Exide will do the same but factoring in price versus longevity its a winner in my book.

Back